Tom Miller's home/buildings/trains for sale - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tom Miller's home/buildings/trains for sale

In the last two issues of Live Steam Magazine there was run a full page color ad for Tom Miller's property in Oregon. This includes a 4000+ sq ft home, 4000+ sq ft F-scale layout building and layout, 11,000' of 7-1/2" scale track, LARGE live steam locomotives and rolling stock, 19 acres of land and more. No mention in the ad as to price but it has to be up in the 7 figures.

I hope the reason for selling isn't a health issue or a death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: Tom Miller's home/buildings/trains for sale

WOW! I have seen videos of the F scale layout. Awesome! Leaves me wondering though why you would sell. He seemed on the videos to be really into it. I hope all is well.

Burrage & Longwood Railroad
todd55whit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

i have run his k36 on the 7 1/2" track... the place is beautiful.. but that was before the f scale layout was built...
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bummer. Tom must have suffered some kind of serious setback, either health or financial.

The F scale layout wasn't even finished, and was already legendary.

http://www.raydunakin.com
Ray Dunakin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think it was caused by a setback
Someone at the National last year told me that he is moving to Texas or Arizona (I don't remember for sure which)
Maybe Johnathan Bliese (EMW) knows

Rodney
Rods UP 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hi Guys,
I came across this thread while surfing the net.
Fortunately, I am not dying or in ill health other than getting older than dirt.
I am also not in any financial trouble. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop in that regard.
I did buy a second home near Sedona Arizona where I now live 6 months of the year.
I still enjoy railroading and so do my grand kids. However, it is time to let someone else take stewardship of what I have created. I intend to keep my locomotives and run them at club railroads around the country unless the new owner insists they go with the property. After all they are just stuff and I could build other and different locomotives.
As to the question of price, it is not stated in the ad because it would vary with what the buyer wants. Some things must go with the property and others could be moved. But as someone stated it is in the millions. Around 4 million to start. At that price I don't expect the place to sell for several years and that is just fine with me. I still enjoy running both layouts. However, I am not going to live for ever and you have to start sometime considering letting it all go.
Hope this clears things up a little. See you around the tracks.
Happy Steaming,
Tom
Tom Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi Tom... We're almost neighbors. I'm just an hour from you over the hill or around the valley in Dewey...

Welcome to the "Wild West" and beautiful Red Rocks.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Posted By Tom Miller on 27 Jun 2012 10:14 AM
Hi Guys,
I came across this thread while surfing the net.
Fortunately, I am not dying or in ill health other than getting older than dirt.
I am also not in any financial trouble. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop in that regard.
I did buy a second home near Sedona Arizona where I now live 6 months of the year.
I still enjoy railroading and so do my grand kids. However, it is time to let someone else take stewardship of what I have created. I intend to keep my locomotives and run them at club railroads around the country unless the new owner insists they go with the property. After all they are just stuff and I could build other and different locomotives.
As to the question of price, it is not stated in the ad because it would vary with what the buyer wants. Some things must go with the property and others could be moved. But as someone stated it is in the millions. Around 4 million to start. At that price I don't expect the place to sell for several years and that is just fine with me. I still enjoy running both layouts. However, I am not going to live for ever and you have to start sometime considering letting it all go.
Hope this clears things up a little. See you around the tracks.
Happy Steaming,
Tom

Tom,

Great to hear from you! Welcome to MLS. I was one who was very concerned when I saw your ad. I thought if it was a sensitive issue, I didn't want to intrude. Sounds like you are coming to the same inevitable spot we all do when it comes to our hobbies. What do we do with them? Dan O'Brien (LALS) and I are facing the same dilemma.

All in all, sounds like you are doing well and THAT is great news! Hope to see you at the club soon.
SA #4449
Gary Armitstead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Tom, thanks for posting! I'm glad to hear everything's ok.

http://www.raydunakin.com
Ray Dunakin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hi Tom, my daughter who is 5,has loved trains all her life. Is there anyway she would be able to take a trainride on your train? It would make her so happy! Thank you for your time and consideration, Tom
Tiannizzotto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.