Links to my 1st Class photo hosting no longer work - Page 14 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #131 (permalink)

Problem is Greg, even IF my 'space' is still there, the contents are gone, even IF I reload the images from my records, they will have a different identity if I simply reload them, even IF I can copy the image ID tag from a past post, I don't necessary know exact what pic is should be, particularly on the older posts. We are talking 80MB, that's days and days of trial and error loading, reloading, renaming, and verifying and quite frankly I'm not going to bloody well do that. I'm not retired and I have far better things to do with my time than to waste days to correct on my own dime VSs foul up, screw them. screw them right in the ear. What have THEY done for ANY of US since this entire debacle began, nothing but words. Words dont fix errors. They haven't even fixed (or offered any hope of a fix) the error for those who still have their images, those members are having to bend over backwards thru a burning hoop using a fix that THEY had to come up with, just to use and access their files, I'm not having any of it. I shouldn't have to do VSs job just to access a now empty space that I have no guarantee it won't disappear again next Thanksgiving. They've shown us their hand, its "we're sorry, nothing to see here, move along... "

VS crack cyber team on the job!

Last edited by vsmith; 02-14-2017 at 06:35 PM.
vsmith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #132 (permalink)

I think you just insulted the monkey ;-)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:06 AM   #133 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I won't argue what a huge task it would be Vic, and I certainly sympathize with your plight, was just commenting it COULD be done.

I agree, it would be a real bitch to do it to really old posts.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #134 (permalink)

Vic,
I agree that it would not be worth it for you to try to upload things..especially if you dont have all your photos together in one place ready for easy re-uploading. The research to find them all would totally not be worth it..
So for you personally, I totally get where you are coming from..

but, for others following along, I think you are missing a concept here:

Quote:
even IF I reload the images from my records, they will have a different identity if I simply reload them,
They wont have a "different identity"..If you re-uploaded the *same* photos, with the same file names, back to your MLS space, with the same folders (if you made any folders), then the photos in the threads would simply re-appear when you go to that thread..you wouldn't need to modify the threads at all, or even look at them all..if the photo file names are the same, the threads will simply show the photos again..

For others, they are trying it, and it can work, but it can be easier or more complex depending on how people have their photos archived on their local computer.

I totally get your desire NOT to try it! and I agree with your reasoning 100%..
but i just wanted to point out how it can technically be done..

Scot

Scot Lawrence -
Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
www.scotlawrence.com
Scottychaos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #135 (permalink)

Well apparently the Tech-chimps at VS have managed to remove that which wasn't lost at Thanksgiving, sad day but as of today considering the absolute LACK of ANYTHING reassuring from VS, I can only assume that either it was intentional from the start or that the chimps running the place are utterly incompetent. Either way I see no point sticking around with nothing but problems with the site, sad day but as of today this is the state of MLS. If it magically gets better and all our pictures and access magically reappear, someone let me know ...bye.

Last edited by vsmith; 02-20-2017 at 12:02 PM.
vsmith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #136 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Yep, today I cannot access my space by FTP....

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Old 02-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #137 (permalink)

I cant use FTP either..
There probably isnt anything to access anyway, even if FTP did work, so its a moot point.
The most likely reason FTP doesnt work is because there is now nothing for it to connect to..
Its pretty obvious that all our files have been wiped out, and 1stclass.mylargescale.com, where they once lived, has also been nuked..

Scot

Scot Lawrence -
Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
www.scotlawrence.com
Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #138 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I'm not giving up hope, perhaps they are moving the files to the main forum server, I'm SURE that their normal mode of operations is NOT to have a linux server for the forum and a separate windows server for pictures...

Greg

Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #139 (permalink)

The link to my profile photo has been removed..
I didn't remove it.

I had that LV logo above my signature line, it was stored in my MLS space, it looked like this:
(except for "report this image")

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Scot Lawrence - Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos

(just now I re-uploaded the LV logo to my smugmug photo hosting site, to make it show in this thread.)

Yesterday when I noticed my MLS files were gone, the link was still there..but because the photo was gone, it showed up as a broken image link, indicating the link was there, but the photo was gone, like this:

Scot Lawrence - Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos

Today, the link itself is now also gone..its been cleared out of my profile.
I didn't do it.

Scot

Scot Lawrence -
Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
www.scotlawrence.com
Old 02-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #140 (permalink)

Yep, My pictures vanished today.
Luckily there was just one series of about 40 pictures that were still hosted here
and posted on another forum.

Like everyone else I haven't been able to access anything to do with my space or pictures since this whole thing started.

Like others I think it is a shame to see this place go south, I have been here since Shad hosted us on the Utah Garden Railroaders web site before he started MLS. When Shad sold I did a little research on the buyer and started moving most everything of mine elsewhere, not major smarts on my part just one of those deals where a guy has to get lucky once in a while

Rick
R.W. Marty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.