My latest distraction, personal pan size Pizza - Page 5 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #41 (permalink)

Default RE: My latest distraction, personal pan size Pizza

Posted By tweetsie12fan on 10 May 2012 04:58 PM
How much did that cost?

Thats hard to say exactly, the track circle was the priciest thing, about $50-60, its a specialty item so it costs. The foam was leftover but probably about $20ish dollars worth, the buildings are foamcore with leftover building detail parts, the signs were downloaded free off the internet, the detail stuff inside maybe another $20, another $20 for the powerpack, all the wood was found stuff for free, and all the scenery was left over from another layout. So minus the trains themselves, I'd say around $250ish total including figures, probably alot less for me given all the leftovers used. Thats one of the things I like about mocro layouts, they are inexpensive and allow you to learn different skills without a major cash outlay, and they are fun to do.
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #42 (permalink)

Its really nice smith. You done very good work to create landscaping with foam. It is awesome. pennsylvania railroad
NicoleAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #43 (permalink)

Wow, this is really thinking and modelling outside the (pizza) box.
Just a mass of detail, what a great conversation piece.
BTW, My wife feels that you should have got my permission to use my effigy with all the liquor bottles around me!!
Cheers.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Thanks

This is actually the second Pizza I built (third if you count my HOn30 pizza) this was the First large scale pizza, and where most of my learning to build them took place:

http://www.mylargescale.com/Communit...c/Default.aspx

Again if modeling is your thing, Pizza and Micro layouts are a terrific way to get into large scale without a great financial or real estate investment.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #45 (permalink)

The Personal Pan Pizza, Heckawe Junction, on the road at the 2016 Great Train Show in Costa Mesa
Old 02-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #46 (permalink)

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #47 (permalink)

Best I have seen till now.
Zoemacrossan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmith View Post

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

Give flickr.com a try.
OldNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Noob: This new user Zoe is reviving old threads... notice that the last post from Victor was Feb 13, and Victor has since retrieved some of his old pictures.

Gotta look at the last few posts...

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #50 (permalink)

The video post is the best I can do here for now, I still don't have a new hosting site set up. Just hasn't been a big priority on my end as I haven't been doing much lately with my workbench being relocated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.