Portable layout building log - reduex - Page 17 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #161 (permalink)

A second short video, showing a birdseye view over the layout, just for fun
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #162 (permalink)

Pizza on display at a non-train event

I'm posting this mostly for Bob and Sandra Baxter, who almost went to this event, just so they can see what it looked like. The event was the Anaheim Packing House "Citrus Festival" on Saturday and the "farmers Market" on Sunday...dont ask me what all went on at the event, I was stuck with the layout so didnt get to walk around much during the festival, but I did get a good look at the place during our off time.

Well Bob, Sandra heres what you missed, heres the building, it's the old orange packing building:

they even have some old flat cars outside as a dining area, very neat touch:

Inside:

NICE....that stairway in the center is where we were set up...UNDER the stairway and there lieth the only fly in the ointment

To get to it, you had to come down these stairs outside, not steep at all.

But once inside the entry was just a small regular door, not so hot for getting big peices in or out;

BTW that sign was the ONLY sign directing people to the train display area, and it tended to wander around a bit, not in the best locations either.

This was the door in:

Once inside the room was actually VERY nice, its their wedding reception room, bright very well lite.

It was just me and the folks from the TTOS who brought two layout setups, same ones they had at the BTS, and a fellow selling original orange crate labels.

We were well illuminated by the wall of MANY chandleirs

The biggest issue was awareness, no one really had a clue we were down there because there was no signage directing people to us, they finally had a couple employees parked out in the entryway directing people in to the room, once that happened we got a rather GOOD crowd, and it was a good day, on Saturday, this didnt happen on Sunday and it was dry, so we packed it up about 2pm. I plan to address the organizer with a friendly letter explaining how if they chose to have trains again next year how to do a better job of 'spreading the word' hint: signs are cheap.

The organizers were great! VERY responsive and really did try to accommodate us as best they could, so i can't really fault them. This was their very first time there was a learning curve to negotiate, hopefully next year will be smoother. I will say that of all the places I've displayed this place had THE BEST FOOD EVER, all the stalls are Foodie and gourmet oriented, a little pricey but delicious, we will DEFINITELY be back to try more.

Anyway thats it regarding the show. next post will be a couple upgrades to the layout I wanted to share.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #163 (permalink)

Some updates on the Pizza:
FINALLy got something done I've been wanting to do for about a year now, and added some details I wanted to do since finishing the anti-child-at-the-controls cardboard box building.

Bit of a ruckus when Slim and Archie while holding their daily highly illegal poker game on the roof of the drug store, came a 'disagreement' when they both tried playing the identical poker hand...

But that ruckus was nothing compare to over by the Jailhouse ...something was up

unlike Officer Dounught, nothing get by Sparky the Police Dog!

Whats got Sparky's attention, Uh oh looks like theres been a jailbreak, dangin'itall the county should have known better than to build the jailhouse out of that cardboard adobe !

Thats it for now, but a heads up, my photo storage site is getting near full so I have no choice but to start deleting some the oldest pics regarding this pizza building thread, I will keep the most relevant pics but I have so many over the years its just time for alot of them to go.

Last edited by vsmith; 03-31-2015 at 12:21 AM.
vsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #164 (permalink)

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.