N Scale Microlayout Waste of Time - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default N Scale Microlayout Waste of Time

Given that most of the summer has been hiding in the back room hot, I decided to finish this, started last winter but after my flex track laying went disastrously bad, I had shelved the basic work. I came back to it after finding N sectional track from Tomix Japan that was almost the same diameter. I now know why the N guys love this stuff, it is flawless. Anyway with track good it was on to scenery. This uses foam 'project board' from Home Depot. This is to date. More to come IF I can simplify the picture transfer from my phone.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seņor Member

vic, install dropbox on your phone and your computer... when you take a picture on the phone, just "share" it with dropbox and then it goes to the cloud and your pc.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

And .. mmmmm... every time you use the cloud.. data costs increase on the phone bill...

My 2 cents!

@@

SD
SD90WLMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

If I wasn't legally blind, I'd still be doing an indoor HO layout, did N when I was younger and it was nice, but for me and my big hands with skinny fingers, well it was still just too small for me. LOL

HO was nice and as my vision finally started getting a little worse, I did away with the HO and was out of the train scene for a very long time until I found G in or around mid to late 1997 or early 1998. Went into that and also O gauge a few years later down the road for the indoor empire.

Still have O, just not doing much with that at the moment, perhaps one day I'll rebuild something in O or possibly get rid of all the O stuff I still have and just focus on the LarGe Scale trains.

At least the G sized stuff and with my very poor vision, close up I can still see to work on some of the stuff that makes it run and operate.
Cataptrra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2016, 12:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seņor Member

The pictures are not much data compared to surfing the web or doing FB on your phone.

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

To whom it may concern, due to circumstances beyond my control (Vertical Scope screwing the pooch and deleting 80MB of my photo history three months ago with no resolution) This and all other threads of my 10+ years of activity on this site are now closed, if you are curious please look to my identical threads on LargeScaleCentral which in the coming months I will attempt to re-edit photos into from my personal archives once I have a new storage site up and running. It was fun while it lasted but the collective of monkeys now running this site now have soured my experience. Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.