G Scale Model Train Forum banner

My whole big layout.

FOR SALE 
Tags
layout
9K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Greg Elmassian 
#1 ·
I'm too old now, I'm selling it all on Ebay, starting price of 99 cents on each item. Lots of trains & buildings will be added each week.

Here's my link: Good Luck Bidding.

#9 ·
Too old. Yes it is possible. A large scale train is something you do, not what you have. You also have to want to do it. I am going thru it now. I am 70 and my layout is being improved every year. My younger brother (by 8 yrs.) was only in the hobby 7 years and then sold everything. He had grown too large too fast and could not manage it. Regards, Dennis.

#10 ·
Too old. Yes it is possible. A large scale train is something you do, not what you have. You also have to want to do it. I am going thru it now. I am 70 and my layout is being improved every year.
As a fellow 70 (soon to be 71) year old I too have reached a point where maintaining the layouts has become a challenge.

As we build and expand our layouts, over the years it is easy to over build and over buy - reaching a point where some of it has become more than can be enjoyed and maintained.

At least if built right (in my case partially indoors and outdoors composite decking and stainless steel track and nothing down on the ground).

The good side is that even at 70 the layouts are what I look forward to when I get up in the morning.

I too have a quantity of things I would sell but I don't put them up for sale on MLS or on eBay because it would be too much work and expense and risk to list, pack and ship the stuff - and too far for most MLSers to drive.

That said, getting into this hobby was by far the best choice for me as I entered retirement over anything else I might have done.

Perhaps of interest to younger folks is that I (and probably others) would be happy to trade surplus inventory to someone willing and able to do some of the work needed. The trick is finding someone local.

Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.