G Scale Model Train Forum banner

accucraft live steam Big Boy

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of one of the new Big Boys and if so what has been their experience with it? I heard that the first batch was "in and gone" but I have seen no mention of anything on line.

#5 ·
You can see the 1st pre-production model running in both of these videos(e.g. second video around 8:24 you can see both Aster and Accucraft together). Currently we have it in the TRS shop for some work(blockage of lower portion on the slide glass and jet blockage):

#7 ·
Posted By Swanee on 06 Jun 2013 08:32 PM
Has anyone taken delivery of one of the new Big Boys and if so what has been their experience with it? I heard that the first batch was "in and gone" but I have seen no mention of anything on line.

Yes the batch of the first 10 were presold so none were available. As to seeing them, some have not even run them yet. The performance is equal to the 2nd production of the Cab Fowards

#10 ·
Thanks to everyone that responded. I was hoping for some additional operational feedback before I ordered one as I've had some issues with two other accucraft locos that I bought. At any rate, I went ahead and ordered one, received the wrong color locomotive, damaged, sent it back and am waiting now for the next batch to arrive.

#11 ·
Posted By Swanee on 28 Jun 2013 12:16 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded. I was hoping for some additional operational feedback before I ordered one as I've had some issues with two other accucraft locos that I bought. At any rate, I went ahead and ordered one, received the wrong color locomotive, damaged, sent it back and am waiting now for the next batch to arrive.
What color was it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.