G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Time for trains vi jan.2015

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  deltatrains 
#1 · (Edited)
Over a three week period the GREATER VANCOUVER GARDEN RAILWAY CLUB and THE FRIENDS OF THE FRASER VALLEY G-SCALE CLUB in co-operation with Art Knapp Plantland and their train department set up two portable tracks and run both live steam and electric /battery trains.
Here, in three parts is some of the action which took place. Enjoy, Peter.
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

#6 ·
Time for Trains VI - 2015

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I enjoy running the trains and as a side hobby make the videos.
As far as the weathering is concerned, I will pass on the compliments to the club member who did that work. I am sure he will appreciate it. The local clubs have been helped by Art Knapp Plantland by both financial support and the supply of materials and equipment to place a complete garden layout and pond in a 30 X 60 area of the plant nursery. We thank them for their support. All the best, Peter.

#8 ·
Very nice videos. I hadn't heard of Art Knapp but that is really cool seeing a garden center that also embraces garden trains. I know a couple garden centers in my area that certainly have the space that would be really cool if even on a seasonal basis brought in trains.

#9 ·
Sjoc78, Thank you for commenting and viewing. As far as Garden Centers and Trains, I think it is a good fit for them to get involved,especially with the Garden Railway aspects, as it is profitable for them. However it should be considered a long term proposition as most people take a few years to develop an entire layout. Either way if at least one garden center got involved in each major metropolitan area, it would certainly be great for the Model G Scale and Gauge One, and Live Steam Hobby.
All the best,
Peter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.