Gauging interest in starting new club - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Toney
Default Gauging interest in starting new club

I would like to see if there is enough interest in starting a northern Indiana large scale/live steam club. Thinking of a Round Robin format for meetings but open to other ideas. I would like to have a focus on live steam operation with battery power for between steam operation. I have ran on Jim Sanders portable layout, which is a nice layout but has no scenery. Its like many here in the USA feel that scenery and live steam wont mix. Just watch videos of the 16mm ng groups portable layout, it has scenery just like an HO/OO layout would and they are mostly live steam operation. Focus, theme of the layout(if any) can be decided later. I would like to show others that live steam in G scale can be more than just running in circles, many times at a high rate of speed. I myself live in Kokomo, about an hour north of the Indy metro area. If I had the income after finaly getting my own pair of live steamers, I would buy the Michigan groups portable layout/trailer as a starting point and rework it with scenery. Mike
SA#16
Mike Toney is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.