NGRC Train Mountain Photos? - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NGRC Train Mountain Photos?

Did anyone get any pix at Train Mountain showing the Midway Circle Garden railroad? We were all so busy we didn't get any showing the crowds viewing the railroad. We have the ramp up to the new steaming bays done and are starting to lay the track for the live steamer run. First section should be about 900 feet or so. Russ.
chiloquinruss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: NGRC Train Mountain Photos?

Sorry, no crowds in my photos...

Russ
Russell Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
A Steamed Elder

Russ,

Looks very nice!
SA #4449
Gary Armitstead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Russell. I have some preliminary photos and some of the folks coming down the hill on thier train rides but no crowds. I really enjoyed meeting all of you folks and hope that you had a great time at the convention. Russ
Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to NTCGRR

Whats this?Train Mt has a GRR????
info please???

Marty Cozad
North Table Creek GRR
Nebraska City, NE
Is it "REAL" or just 1:29 th
NTCGRR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Marty, before Quentin passed away in 2008, he had amassed a whole sack full of G Gauge stuff to build a layout that was going to be a real dandy. I had the priviledge of seeing much of it in the storage room of his home many years ago. The track plan was huge and certainly obtainable with his skill and resourses.

I would hope that his dream for that layout would have been fulfilled.
Stan Cedarleaf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Train Mountain had always planned to build a large G scale layout. All it took was somenoe to head up the process. Dennis and Sharon Ediger have taken on this enourmous task. They have done a preliminary design using a large plot of land located at Midway Circle on the main line of Train Mountain. This area is a 400 foot diameter circle that someday will be filled with track. They have been working on it for only 2 years or so and already have quite a railroad installed. So far there is a lake (big enough to do some r/c boating), a mountainstre3am with waterfalls, a 12 foot long through truss bridge, a 15 foot long curved trestle, some 1000 feet of track, a couple of tunnels, and the early beginnings of a live steam line including steaming bays. There is not a seperate membership for the G Scale layout, the members are all Train Mountain members. The latest accomplishment is the receipt of a real Mopac box car to be used for the G Scalers for storage. Russ
Old 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Sounds wonderful, Russ. Quentin shared that he wanted to run 100+ hopper car trains and had a number in storage. Are they going to be used on the layout????
Stan Cedarleaf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Stan, I don't know what Sharon is planning on doing with Quentin extensive G Scale collection. The 100 car train was for his home layout at Spring Creek Ranch not at Train Mountain. What is happening at Train Mountain is the next step in the evolution of Train Mountain. The 7 1/2 inch gauge railroad is alive and well. In fact we are adding about 20 more miles of mainline, taking us to around 40 to 45 miles of actual mainline track. The G Scale is headed up by a very capable couple that are guiding all of us that are new to this aspect of the railroad hobby. So far I think we have only run smaller trains of 25 or so cars. Most of the experimentation is finding what works at 4300 feet, with snow, deer, elk, borrowing critters, pine needles, etc, etc,. We hope to have the first part of the live steam portion running later this year. We have a work week coming up Labor Day week and then sometime in October we have some more visiting G Scalers coming down from Washington. Lots to do! Russ
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to NTCGRR

Thanks
I wish i lived closer. I'd love to rebuild my layout with monster curves and redesign for mega trains. but I'm too lazy...
I was hoping someone ,somewhere would build for mega trains.

Marty Cozad
North Table Creek GRR
Nebraska City, NE
Is it "REAL" or just 1:29 th
NTCGRR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.