G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Smaller 2015 open house.

6K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Jerry Barnes 
#1 · (Edited)
North Table Creek will be up and running. Two main loops, NO highline or steam up tracks. Sorry.
Keep it simple, Friday and Sat, Sunday Sept 25th to 27th
Bring your own chairs and tables if you want to sale.
1" is welcome with its new north loop running. Unloading in the main shop.

Won't be perfect, just hopefully a relaxing time visiting.
Feed your selves or groups out to eat.
Thanks for understanding I needed a year off.
cozy6z@yahoo.com
This e-mail on here is NOT working for me??

#8 ·
Marty;

I'm really thinking about this, now that I am "semi-retired." My little steamers really do not need a steamup track. I can raise steam at a small table, then carry the locomotive to the track. The Regner DeWinton is geared, so could handle some pretty tough grades. I'm going to get a Roundhouse 2-6-2t trench locomotive, and it doesn't mind grades either. Oh boy! Temptations, temptations.

Best,
David Meashey

#9 ·
Live steam use the two mains all the time. very little grade, but sharing is the key word. We have had 14 trains running at once, once, ??? you have to pay attention Stan.
Sunday is the best day because about half the folks need to leave . Sat is usually the busiest.
Biggest thing is to bring a lawn chair and relax , share and learn. And help each other. Shop is usually busy till midnight. I'm hoping most folks have their trains in good working order before they come. JJ. Not pointing any fingers. Plus parking will be more limited because of less sidings.

#13 ·
Live steam use the two mains all the time. very little grade, but sharing is the key word. We have had 14 trains running at once, once, ??? you have to pay attention Stan.
Sunday is the best day because about half the folks need to leave . Sat is usually the busiest.
Biggest thing is to bring a lawn chair and relax , share and learn. And help each other. Shop is usually busy till midnight. I'm hoping most folks have their trains in good working order before they come. JJ. Not pointing any fingers. Plus parking will be more limited because of less sidings.
JJ.... Marty's pickin' on us again... :eek::rolleyes::p:cool:

#17 ·
You got all that track you took out from the High Line plus a couple of switches'. So you got all the material for sidings and It's no where near Sept. HINT HINT :)

JJ

PS. You keep picking on me and there anint no one going to make it around the loop with out, shall we say, ummmm I incidents. I have supper powers. Just saying

#25 ·
I still have sheeting here, I'm sure others will bring fold up tables and you can sale all you want. And if anyone shows up Thursday they get to clean and set up saw horses and tables. I still have the fairly level space for a portable steam track if any one brings one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.