G Scale Model Train Forum banner

ECLSTS Seminar Video on YouTube

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  dbodnar 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Dave,

Your PPT presentation is interesting but starting with slide 16 and many after that, the image often covers most of the text on the slide.
This is when I open it with either Microsoft ppt 2011 or the older Microsoft ppt 2004 on the Mac

Knut

#4 ·
Dave,

I can't use PowerPoint Viewer - that's a Windows only application as far as I can see.

I tried it with the two versions of Microsoft Office I mentioned earlier, also tried it now with keynotes and LibreOffice.
They all give me the same result.

Attached is a picture of what slide 16 looks like - it's the first one with images covering the text but from there on in, that happens on many of the slides

knut

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks Dave for posting your ECLSTS presentation.

I'm definitely not well-versed in PPoint and I've experienced what Knut mentions, but following up with this presentation I see what Knut is hi-liting in his post, and when I'm viewing with thumbnails at the slides to the L side, I see the (seemingly embedded) overlap of images over text on the main viewing scrn to the left.

But when I take it further ---- initiate the slideshow and use either the mouse or down arrow key I see the functionality of the software/presentation where the various images pop-up and then pop-down as you would when doing presentation.

Thanks again, I just 'learned' more about powerpoint :) hmmm maybe i should try and create one now lol

doug c

p.s. vers. 2010

p.p.s. oops overlapped your post Knut ;)

#9 ·
Dave,

Just had a chance to go through your presentation.

A lot of great information - had never come across the on-line MRH magazine before or bangGood.com as a source of some electronics.

Thanks for making the ppt available

Knut.

PS: If you have any connection with Crest you might want to ask them to correct the spelling of the word Diesel on their control.

#10 ·
Knut, I viewed the presentation in "editing" view, saw the overlap, and took 2 seconds to move to presentation view so I could see the animation which does not show in the editing views.

i.e. I viewed the presentation as a presentation, not as the author or editor.

You may have done this for 30 years, but I guess you learned something new about presentations and animations!

A lot more pizazz with the animations, which is the idea, keep people interested by animation.

Greg

#11 ·
You may have done this for 30 years, but I guess you learned something new about presentations and animations!
We used animation as well and still do.
But the various slides that made up the animation were always in sequence, one after the other, both in normal view and in slide sorter view - never on top of each other like in this presentation.

Something went wrong here - it doesn't make much sense having to remove the image before one can edit the text.

Knut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.