G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Photo Contests...

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sampug394 
#1 · (Edited)
When is the next Photo contest?

#2 ·
There hasn't been one for well over a year, maybe years. The Home page is a carry over from the old forum when Shad ran the site, its really has not a part of the new forum. If the new owners don't wish to revive the contest, the references should be removed and the old contest pics should be rolled into a photo gallery instead.

#7 ·
Dennis, that sounds like a good idea...

We'd need to start a thread where we can post photos. I guess we'd need some rules in the first post. How about at least:

1. One photo per contestant, posted to the contest thread
2. Entry period ends ???
3. Voting starts the following day, one vote per user
4. Voting ends ???
5. Photo with the most votes wins bragging rights for Q1 2015

I suppose we could have categories, but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so I'm not sure what those might be...

#10 ·
I have seen a regular photo contest like this work quite well on a different forum I used to frequent, but instead of photos, it was for screenshots of a railroad simulator, and the best of those were voted on and tallied up. It really just takes dedication on one or two (or more) member's parts to frequent MLS enough to post the regular photo contest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.