G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Dora plays in the snow...

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  deltatrains 
#1 ·
Last year, I aquired an Accucraft Dora...the little steamer.

I had to do some modifications to make her mine...can't leave well enough alone. First I added a proper wood burning, spark arresting smoke stack and a butterfly snow plow. then as I have been dabbling in 7/8" scale (1:13.7) I thought what better than take the littlest engine and use it in the biggest scale. She measures all of 7 feet long and about that high. I added a perminantly attached coach and ended up with a little rail bus.

Yesterday I had planned to attend the train show in Springfield Mass, but it snowed so I decided to stay home and play:

#6 ·
Way to go!

I find that running in the snow, especially after plowing with your own equipment is one of my greatest pleasures in this hobby. Running is fun, but getting the equipment to actually do some real work puts it over the top.

From what I'm hearing about what is heading your way, you may need a larger plow.

Just make sure you use a plastic shovel if it becomes necessary to bring in a track crew.

Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.