G Scale Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

QSI goodbye

21K views 92 replies 24 participants last post by  East Broad Top 
#1 ·
Hello every one, I truly think QSI has done us large scale enthusiast a great disservice. I feel they have abandoned us and I'm now searching for a decoder for sound and motor control. I like the product but has anyone had a good experience lately getting help and information from them. This is a rant but I'm using this forum to express an opinion and need others to tell me if they have other sound and motor controls they would recommend? I have been In this hobby for 30 plus years and never seen this before. Where a good product has been so poorly supported. I chose this review section to give a bad review on the QSI Titan decoders. Great product poor support. Buyer beware.

Respectfully,

Robert Van Deusen

#87 ·
Greg, you can ease the smoke current load on a decoder by using a circuit to turn on track power via a transistor to the smoke unit and Zimo pulses this signal to give different amounts of current (read smoke). This can be very useful in a small engine with the HO decoder where total current of the MX645 is 1.2 amps. But of course Greg does not have small engines but many of us do.

#88 · (Edited)
Right Dan, that will offload the smoke draw, and you could do likewise with the fan, although I believe some decoders could use some kind of braking to the fan between pulses..

Greg does indeed have some small locos: (all DCC with sound)

#89 ·
I was thinking about QSI Titan as a decoder but after reading this thread I figure I need to find a reliable product for my steam engines. Only 4 at this time (2 Aristocraft, a LGB (trackcleaner) and a Piko). I know there are Pros and Cons for all the different suppliers but I'm looking for Plug n Play if possible or REALLY install for a beginner. Leaning towards the NCE Power Pro 10 amp system for control.
Thanks

#93 ·
Ron, your issues with QSI's customer service have been well documented through this thread. Your frustrations are shared by many otherwise-would-be happy QSI customers. You've done all you can do with regard to resolving your issues with the company. While I wish you the best of luck in finding resolution, beating that horse to a bloody pulp here isn't going to solve anything.

I think we're done here.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.