G Scale Model Train Forum banner

OcCre Br18 Bavarian Dream

12K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  lotsasteam 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.. I like to share construction an review of this beautiful kit by OcCre.

www.occre.com
www.occremania.com

Locomotive is G gauge and it's long 720mm

it is a metal castings, wood and brass kit that weight around 4kg

instruction manual is all photographic and easy to follow, in the kit is also added an italian (here in my country) text manual but really I did not need it.

this is the motor unit, sold separately.

I will make this kit dinamic with motor, lights, smoke unit and rc controlled motor unit.

sorry for my bad english, I try to answer about construction. as best I can

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
With the smoke unit I have wrong position, this because it came when I had already built the boiler. so I placed it in the tender as the first test

but the long distance penalized the generation of smoke
first test qith smoke unit inside the tender

https://vimeo.com/260969157

so I took courage and modified the boiler

Second smoke test was much better

https://vimeo.com/262168209

#18 · (Edited)
Yes wheels can be separate, center is in plastic with a metal ring pressed on it.

now loco ruin with 2wd, in forward is perfect, in reverse it slipper.

speed is good, at max speed is fast enough,r eally the only one problem is have more grip in reverse run.

motor unit is this

I can change motor unit position, now motorized wheels are in the back of first group and is better respect first copule in front of tender.

another motor unit is the solution for sure, but maybe some weight can solve the reverse slipper problem

#17 ·
Those kits are famous for having underpowered motors and gearing, not surprised you have to change them.

Is there a reason you did not use metal rails with chairs and spikes for the roadbed? Would seem easy enough to purchase, but perhaps you wanted to make that as well.

In any case a beautiful model.

Greg

#22 · (Edited)
motor power is good but if motor unit was 4wd it would be better.
if I find 2 worm gear and 2 pinion I can try to modify or the easy way is add anoter one for the second carriage.

I do rail by myself because here in my town nobody sell this scale models, on ebay I find many lgb rails but much expensive considering shipping to Italy.. so is not easy to have a test track in few times.

#19 ·
Yes, there is not much gear reduction / torque multiplication. I'd definitely add the 2nd motor to reduce the strain on the drivetrain.

How much does the completed model weigh? Also I did not notice any ball bearings in any of the axles, so friction could be a factor.

Do you intend to pull cars with it, or is it more of a display model?

Again, please do not let any of these comments take away from the beautiful job you have done.

Greg - 36

#27 · (Edited)
I'm continuing to make the walnut track, it's a temporary indoor track but I'm seeing that it's very sturdy and works well, so instead of buying some commercial track I think I could keep it

my track corresponds to a lgb R3 and it is the minimum diameter possible to run my loco, I have doubts that it could turn on an R2

#29 ·
okay, I have edit all discussion because postimage.org is broken his links.. so I had to change .org in .cc
if you find other broken photo links is easy to edit and change .org with .cc

as soon is possible I prepare a video in the garden with loco running, I wait for the sun stop raining then I make it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.