What State or Country are you or your layout in? - Page 4 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I am in New River AZ about 45 miles North West of down Town Phoenix. I am just off I 17 on the way to Flagstaff. I ahve been working on my Layout for about 15 years. I believe in Concrete Road Bed. I neglected the RR for 2 years. I regained interest in it and just cleaned off the weeds and could run trains. I use Battery Power. I have 25 engines. I have 6 of the Aristo Trackside Controllers mounted in Box Cars. I also have 11 Air Wire decoders and 3 transmitters.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #32 (permalink)

Not sure of the size of my layout, think it's about a 50 to 60 foot oddball shaped layout right next to the handicap ramp. I don't have decals or anything denoting the name I gave the location of my current railroad, but I call it the "Florida Feline Railroad" located in humid, hot, sunny and sometimes thunder, lightning and rainy Florida. I am just off one of the main arteries {East Colonial Drive or East Hwy 50} in North-East Orlando, just slightly west of Union Park, Florida{less than 5 minutes}.

It got it's name because of the number of cats my wife and I own{all neutered and spayed}. So if you're allergic to cats, may not want to visit!

We usually don't mind visitors, and during Halloween and Christmas I usually put up an animated musical light display which requires quite a bit of work to get up and running. Consists of 3 Light-O-Rama 16 channel controllers outside, and 1 16 channel controller inside for a total of 64 independently controlled lighting channels. This is "nothing" like a "Mr. Christmas" plug and play box, what I do requires a lot of patience and time to get operational, along with running hundreds of extension cords!

Also requires special software and dongle to communicate with the controllers to make that all work. You can see some of my older videos on Vimeo at a couple of locations I lived at where I had set up these shows. I don't use them to control trains, but in the off season, I could use them to control 120VAC powered lighting in buildings {once I get some on the railroad} or around the railroad for mood lighting, etc.

To check out the Halloween and Christmas videos on Vimeo, look for the user name "Cataptra LeMagicka" and Holiday Lighting.

Now back to the trains.

I run track power for my layout and it's in pretty tight quarters for the moment!

Here is the main page for my Vimeo Videos {all videos can be seen here, holiday, train, etc.}: https://vimeo.com/cataptra

NOTE: The railroad in the two videos in the url above were my original railroad, which had to be moved to the other side of the house, then moved again to it's new location. There are no videos online as yet of the latest rebuild of the railroad. Hopefully I can get some up soon since these will also feature the fan driven smoke modification I made to my LGB 0-4-0 Stainz Locomotive.

This is the URL specifically for the Holiday Displays {Christmas and Halloween}: https://vimeo.com/groups/109696

Last edited by Cataptrra; 08-04-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: OOPS! Sorry wrong video url was posted for 1st link ~ CORRECTED!
Cataptrra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #33 (permalink)

Jerry, Japan. Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi
zubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

Colorado, where standard gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

I do Fn3, but I don't have a layout as of yet...

Robert
rdamurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #35 (permalink)

We are in central Iowa, we know several folks in Arkansas, meet most of them at Marty's.
Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)

I am in southwestern Ontario, one hours drive from Windsor. I welcome anyone interested in the hobby. Regards, Dennis.
DennisB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 06:14 PM   #37 (permalink)

My railroad is located at my home in Pierson, Florida, which is about 30 miles west of Daytona. Visitors welcome with notice, but a warning that it is a clothing optional layout. We are here October through April and spend May through September in PA.
MikeMcL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #38 (permalink)

Hill country of Texas. Visitors welcome with warning
SA #478
Joe Johnson is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 02:49 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataptrra View Post
..............There are no videos online as yet of the latest rebuild of the railroad. Hopefully I can get some up soon since these will also feature the fan driven smoke modification I made to my LGB 0-4-0 Stainz Locomotive........
Hi Cataptrra - I was just wondering if you had published the smoke modification yet as I'm contemplating making one for my Aristocraft 66 and would be very interested to see how you did it.

The smouldering cigarette look just doesn't cut it for a powerful diesel exhaust ....

Oh! and BTW - I'm in the UK.

John
John 842 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #40 (permalink)

Recently moved to Oregon from Texas. Still looking for a house, so no layout, yet. Always happy to meet for socializing. Our club, Rose City Garden Railway Society, is hosting the 2019 National Garden Railroad Convention in Portland. Make plans to come. We will be attending the 2017 NGRC in Tulsa. So far, don't see any railroads to visit along the way.
Members of Rose City Garden Railway Society
www.rcgrs.com
Members of the NorthWest 'G' RR Club
barnmichael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.