What State or Country are you or your layout in? - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2016, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Jerry McColgan
Default What State or Country are you or your layout in?

Two Questions:

1. What State or Country do you live in (is your layout in)?

2. Would you encourage other MLSers from your State or Country (or who are passing through) to contact you regarding a possible get-together?

I am not asking for any personal information that might invite unwelcome inquiries and everyone is free to ignore the 2nd question.

My main curiosity is to find which States and Countries MLS currently has members in.

There may be States or Countries that have Large Scale Groups that those who live in those States or Countries are unaware of - so feel free to volunteer such information for any States and Countries.

Since I live in rural Arkansas I don't expect to find more MLSers who live in Arkansas (it would be nice if there are any).

I don't anticipate traveling to any other States or Countries but anyone in or passing through Arkansas is welcome to contact me (especially multi-year MLS members or those recommended by MLSers).

I am not going to be tracking this poll other than to see how many total States and Countries are represented here on MLS.

If someone else wishes to total the numbers listed by State or Country, they are welcome to do so.

Out of 50 States, I live in Arkansas so that leaves 49 to go.

I have bought or sold trains to MLSers in at least 5 Countries so I will start with 5 Countries (this list does not count towards any totals unless and until someone from them posts):

Canada
USA (does not count as a country)
Australia
Switzerland
England

I leave it up to you to post the State or Country you live in (or may have a layout in).

Your turn...

Last edited by Jerry McColgan; 07-01-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Jerry McColgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2016, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

1. Arkansas
2. Visitors are always welcome after prior communications with me and an invitation having been given.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm in Southern Az and the railroad is in a state of rebuilding. Nearly done!
Several years ago, I had a nice bunch over to run and we have gone to each others homes/layouts for runs or bs'ing er checking out progress. I am open to more MLS friends coming over in the fall or spring, but summer is deadly.
John

Old 07-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

1. Roanoke, Virginia. No layout; simply run on track temporarily set up on my carport when the need arises.

2. You can contact me. I am in and out a lot, plus working at a local hobby store. I would not be opposed to setting up track if the conditions are right, but it would be pretty much "pot luck."

Regards,
David Meashey
Dave Meashey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi David,

At times, while traveling through a city or State, I have enjoyed a very pleasant visit with fellow MLSers at a restaurant somewhere when neither they nor I had the time or opportunity to go and see a home or layout.

Just having the opportunity to get to know a fellow MLSer is often more important than actually going to someone's home or seeing a layout.

I would enjoy visiting with you or with any other MLSers with or without a layout.

It is our common interest in this fun hobby that matters much more than the toys (prototypical railroads ) that we may have or be planning/creating.

Visiting with fellow MLSers (and LGB & Aristo reps/dealers) is what I miss most about not traveling to train shows anymore.

Regards,

Jerry
Old 07-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I live in Canton Ohio the pro football hall of fame city with my wife Karen. Our layout is out doors. We have hosted a few open house gatherings for friends and club members.
pete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

UT,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEERHIVE one.jpg (133.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

My layout is at my home in Lakeland, Florida.
I always enjoy when people I've met through the internet come to visit and share the joy of running trains..
eheading is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

West Paraguay in South-America.

from the two other largescalers i knew, one went back to europe, and the other one is on the wrong side of the grass.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eheading View Post
My layout is at my home in Lakeland, Florida.
I always enjoy when people I've met through the internet come to visit and share the joy of running trains..
Hi Ed,

You probably guessed that it was you that I was talking about when I said "At times, while traveling through a city or State, I have enjoyed a very pleasant visit with fellow MLSers at a restaurant somewhere when neither they nor I had the time or opportunity to go and see a home or layout."

It's great to see you posting.

Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.