G Scale Model Train Forum banner

7/8ths FIgures

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  JimB 
#1 ·
Here are some of my men inspecting the tracks in 7/8ths scale. JimB

See less See more
#4 ·
Tom and All,
Visit the SE Lounge www.7-8ths.info click on "Community" then "7/8ths Figure Modeling" and you will find the topic "7/8ths mannequin figures and BB&ME" by Rob Bennett with a short explanation of how he uses the wooden art mannequins as a basis for some figures. Rob is a popular and accomplished figure model producer for 16m and 7/8 scale figures. www.robbennett.org
JimB (above) also makes 7/8 figures for sale, several of which grace my 7/8 train projects.
Have fun,
Tom

#6 ·
Folks;

Just another thought. I believe our own Kevin Strong once gave a session on using "action figures" for 7/8ths scale folks. They are poseable, and can be "improved" with modelling clay and paint once in the desired pose. Many of them are a bit bulked up, but they are readily available at toy stores, and often quite reasonably priced (especially after the movie they were made to sell with becomes stale).

I recall seeing one of these figures in a modified Bachmann Shay (larger cab and longer stack) at one of Steve King's 7/8ths gatherings. I remember thinking "That engineer looks like he survived a boiler explosion." He was a Freddy Kruger action figure!

Have fun,
David Meashey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.