Attention - Upcoming Password Resets - Page 3 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seņor Member

So Rocky, your files are still there, you need a different way to get to them.

Try Filezilla... free, and works easily... we will talk you through it.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default Hello

Test message, to see if this actually works.
Fr.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #23 (permalink)

I seldom post here, due to the utter corruption of this site with useless advertisement.
I also dislike not knowing who I am corresponding with, due to the stupidity of useless nicknames.....I'd change mine if I could figure out how to do it.
No-wonder so many people are going to the "Other" site......
Fred Mills

Old 02-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

How can I change my "User Name", from Fr.Fred to my actual, real name ?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mikado Hogger

You can't change your username, that I know of. You could join again using your real name and stop using the Fr. Fred name.

But I don't recommend using your real name, there is no telling what the management of this site might do with it. I even created a totally separate e-mail address for this site so I know that what e-mail I get to that address came from this site, either from the management itself or a company that bought a mailing list from them or someone that hacked their system to steal e-mail addresses.

Since I created that new e-mail address I have not received anything "bad" to it, but prior to doing so and right after the site was purchased, I received a lot of spam to the address I had used previously for this site and a few others. When I complained about the spam and changed the e-mail address used here, the spam stopped completely on the old address. So I cannot prove who was responsible.

"I would not be so paranoid if everybody wasn't out to get me!"
Old 02-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

If that is the case; what real reason is there for me to bother with this web site, when the other one provides good protection and very few advertisements.....even the LIVE STEAM guys are going there.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

Interesting the number of posts in the "Attention - Upcoming Password Resets" page that have absolutely nothing to do with password reset.

As far as I can tell, there has not been any password reset requirement beyond this post. My old password still works along with the new one. This appears to just be continuing crap from the new owners who are pretty obviously not at all interested in the continuation of this website. I wonder if they were able to harvest information they can sell as each of us has 'reset' our passwords?

Fr. Fred, I think we all (at least LS RR enthusiasts) know who and where you are. I would suggest you not change your user name to anything more specific, as it will simply be used by VS to sell advertising and / or other information at some level, while they drive this website into the ground.

Happy RRing, Here & in Canada,

Jerry
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Life Member: NMRA
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association / Western Railway Museum
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources
JerryB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seņor Member

A simple solution:

Put your real name in your signature, then EVERY post you ever made here will have your real name... immediately... simple.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Senior Member

As Greg said, I have my real name in my signature. If you are interested enough to know who I am, you can find out very simply. If not, who cares what I am called?
SA #269
Ironton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Administrator

Only Admin have the power to change usernames. If you would still want it Fred, I'll make the username change for you

Kevin
admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.