Attention - Upcoming Password Resets - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Attention - Upcoming Password Resets

Hello Everyone,

Per the announcement 'Password and Security Update' we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. On Tuesday you should be receiving an email directing you on how to change your password. It will look like this:

Quote:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*

Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to update it accordingly.

Please take this time to visit your User CP settings and ensure you have a current and valid email address on file, as this is the address that the reset will be sent to. Some email providers tend to put our communication in to spam folders, or sometimes even directly in to trash, so please check all of your folders for this email on Tuesday.

If you do not receive this email please go to the Contact Us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues. Please include your username, and the email that is associated with that account in order to speed up your requests.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team
admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Honored Senior Member

After the password changes are made will it in anyway affect our access or future access to our photo files?
Paul Burch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I've heard that the 2 passwords do not connect... with the history of problems with our files, I'm not touching it.

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Senior Member

I will be spending most of Tuesday on planes en route to China. What do I do if I do not have internet access. Will be gone for about two weeks.

House is occupied. so do not get your hopes up
SA #269
Ironton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Have a good trip, Ironton. My wife and I just returned from 13 days in CHina.
eheading is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mikado Hogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironton View Post
I will be spending most of Tuesday on planes en route to China. What do I do if I do not have internet access. Will be gone for about two weeks.

As I understand it, the system will just be waiting for your first log-in to occur... not that it must be on Tuesday, but just the next time you want to log-in.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Burch View Post
After the password changes are made will it in anyway affect our access or future access to our photo files?
Hey there

As mentioned above, the logins are separate. This will not affect your home page login with your hosted photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironton View Post

The reset will be waiting for your whenever you get a chance to hop online. Some links do expire, but you can always request a new one once you have returned from the "Forgot Password" function - just hit 'Login' without entering any username/password. It will take you to the failed login page, and the option to request a new password will be there.

Have a safe trip!

Dayle
admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Today is Tuesday, logged out and in, old password fine.

Will check tomorrow.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Honored Senior Member

Same here Greg.
Paul Burch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

And me. It 'remembered' me so I didn't have to log in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.