We need an approval process for new members - Page 3 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mikado Hogger

We are not complaining about spam in our mail boxes but rather the number of "Streaming" posts on THIS site... they get reported by a few of us within an hour or so and we are usually the first and only view of the garbage so it is of little value to the spammer, but it is irritating to some of us... enough that we would be more than willing to castrate the idiots with a sledge-hammer and a cinder block.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Vaporo View Post
We are not complaining about spam in our mail boxes but rather the number of "Streaming" posts on THIS site... they get reported by a few of us within an hour or so and we are usually the first and only view of the garbage so it is of little value to the spammer, but it is irritating to some of us... enough that we would be more than willing to castrate the idiots with a sledge-hammer and a cinder block.
Honestly, I have never ever seen anything you're talking about. Why, WHY it's me who's missing out?

Just on the face of things Isn't Greg guilty of streaming posts. 18,432 yesh. (Greg, you gotta admit that is one heck of a lot to say? The bit and byte count must be billions and billions.) Luv ya guy !!!

Last edited by Chris Scott; 02-16-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Chris Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mikado Hogger

You ain't missin' enythin'! These are just postings that usually appear late on Friday, or Saturday nights or early Sunday mornings advertising sporting events that are to be Live Streamed... (they don't post them at those times to be "timely" with the event, they post them at those times in the hopes the Moderators will be asleep or AFK. The subject line is usually some nonsense sentence, something like, "The bill in congress is lacking funding for spinal alignment", or "People want the weather to be lower in the leg." I have seldom seen one where the subject line described what the Live Stream was about. Those that do mention "Live Stream" usually catch my attention because I read it as "Live Steam" and I get all excited thinking it is about a real operating Steam Locomotive and then get disappointed because it about a football game being Live Streamed.

As for Greg... I can say that I don't agree with some of what he says, and I am sometimes irritated by his postings, but out of his 18,000+ postings, I bet I'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful that irritated me. The rest have been positive help to many, MANY individuals on this site and I hope he will continue to share his knowledge and experience with us.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
I think any of these would be a lot less messy. Plus you could sneak up from behind which is how the pros do it. Happy hunting.

Bertschy Emasculator
Burdizzo Castration; 9, 12, 14, 16 and 18 inches
Castrating Forceps
Calves Elastrator
Emasculator Verboczy Triple Crush
Hussmann Emasculator Curved or straight
Newberry Castration Knife
Reimers Emasculator 33cm
Sand Emasculator Castration Clamp 31cm
Puppy Tail banding Elastrator
Sheep Tail Docking Banding Elastrator
Serra Emasculator 35.5 cm
Reimers Emasculator 33cm

Medical Tools: Castration Instruments;
http://www.medical-tools.com/veterin...nstruments.php

They're having a seasonal discount of 10% right now!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
I think any of these would be a lot less messy. Plus you could sneak up from behind which is how the pros do it. Happy hunting.

Bertschy Emasculator
Burdizzo Castration; 9, 12, 14, 16 and 18 inches
Castrating Forceps
Calves Elastrator
Emasculator Verboczy Triple Crush
Hussmann Emasculator Curved or straight
Newberry Castration Knife
Reimers Emasculator 33cm
Sand Emasculator Castration Clamp 31cm
Puppy Tail banding Elastrator
Sheep Tail Docking Banding Elastrator
Serra Emasculator 35.5 cm
Reimers Emasculator 33cm

Medical Tools: Castration Instruments;
http://www.medical-tools.com/veterin...nstruments.php

They're having a seasonal discount of 10% right now!
?????????????
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mikado Hogger

Those are MUCH TOO gentle. Although...

Pastor friend of mine once told about a man that really, really wanted a short-tailed dog. But all he could find were long-tailed dogs. He finally settled for a long-tailed dog and decided he would get a short-tailed dog by cutting the tail off. But he really didn't want to hurt the dog, so he decided to cut it off a little bit at a time so it would not hurt so much!

I wonder if we could castrate these pieces of filth in the same manner?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I realize that these streaming spam incidents are just a few posts, and I think Semp and I catch and report a lot, but even some minor improvements to the site would go a long way in the goodwill dept, so that's why I suggested a simple sign up and approve process for new members.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Those are MUCH TOO gentle. Although...

Pastor friend of mine once told about a man that really, really wanted a short-tailed dog. But all he could find were long-tailed dogs. He finally settled for a long-tailed dog and decided he would get a short-tailed dog by cutting the tail off. But he really didn't want to hurt the dog, so he decided to cut it off a little bit at a time so it would not hurt so much!

I wonder if we could castrate these pieces of filth in the same manner?
Read the first chapter of Black Beauty. It contains a horse farm and how they dealt with a new litter of puppies. Once read it never leaves your mind. It is the extreme bloody graphics of weeks old puppies screaming and crying, and scenes of blood splattering and dripping, and pieces of flesh of cropping ears and bobbing tails. The scene narrated by a horse, Black Beauty.

Black Beauty
"The story (Black Beauty, by Ann Sewell) is narrated in the first person as an autobiographical memoir told by the titular horse named Black Beauty—beginning with his carefree days as a colt on an English farm with his mother, to his difficult life pulling cabs in London, to his happy retirement in the country. Along the way, he meets with many hardships and recounts many tales of cruelty and kindness. Each short chapter recounts an incident in Black Beauty's life containing a lesson or moral typically related to the kindness, sympathy, and understanding treatment of horses, with Sewell's detailed observations and extensive descriptions of horse behaviour lending the novel a good deal of verisimilitude."

My dad read a part of a chapter of Black Beauty to me before bedtime. It left quite an impression. I really didn't get the impact until I came to own and love dogs. Talking of cutting off a dog tail is very far from pleasant or humorous - for me. That's just me being emotional some would say.

Mabel

He could have just gotten a dog born with a bob tail; Boxer, Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog, etc.

Last thought, spammers don't have tails to bob.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator

With regard to the spammers, the Admins have put in new measures which will hopefully cut down on things, including not allowing new members to post photos or links in their posts for a certain number of posts, and new steps in the registration to prove you're actually a human.

The photo issue is still being worked on, and understand our frustration.

Later,

K
East Broad Top is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.