G Scale Model Train Forum banner

OMG! what happened !!?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  JackM 
#1 ·
Holy carp what happened to the site! The format has changed entirely. My avatar is totally effed up and my signature and Gomez is gone !!! I really DO NOT like it!!!

#7 ·
I really dislike the trend to format hobby sites along the twittering formats of chatty teenage girls social sites. In the "enhanced" format I cannot edit my post, cannot modify text, pics can only be added from sources on the device itself, at least that's how it appears to me. If I wanted to be a twitting twitterer I'd have a twitter account with the rest of the twits.

#8 ·
A few weeks ago, I created a carefully crafted, extremely funny photo which I sent to a few friends on my address list. Some people replied with a simple line like "I didn't get it" or "You must have sent me that by mistake". Some ignored the photo completely. Those replies all ended with that line "Sent from my _(smartphone of some kind) ".

Those who viewed my message on an actual computer got the joke.

The moral of this story (at least to me): "Just because they call it a 'smartphone', doesn't mean it sees everything".

JackM

Sent on a good ol' Dell desktop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.