Best recommendation on "DC power pack" - Page 4 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Actually I'm going to put in a section of what to avoid... will probably raise some hackles, but if I had a buck for every person who wonders why their LGB starter supply does not run a USAT diesel, or people who cannot get prototype speed from an MRC 6200, I be able to retire today.

I updated the page, still unorganized, but that's how I do stuff...

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
krs

Greg,

I'm glad you brought up starter set power packs.
The old LGB ones were pretty marginal especially if one used the accessory terminals to power anything.
But in 2011 when LGB went to the separate switch mode supplies and throttle, they introduced a 36 watt/18 VDC switched mode power supply with a matching throttle, part numbers LGB 51090 and 51099 respectively.
The smaller version of the LGB units in the list.
Still not a powerhouse but a lot better than wehat used to come with LGB starter sets.

Question that is still open - what power supply is available for 115 VAC, the LGB 51090 is a 230 VAC unit.
I'll drop Ron Gibson a line to see what he has to say

Knut
krs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

Some of the newer LGB starter sets had a wall transformer and that unit was only 14 volts. Corded power supply was more like 20 volts. Speed controller was the same for both.
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
krs

Dan,

Do you have a model/product number for the 14 volt wall trsnsformer?

Seems to me there is a big disconnect between what LGB ships in "115 volt" countries vs "230 volt" countries. Dealers in Germany were quite pleased when LGB started shipping the upgraded power pack with starter sets.
krs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

I do not have the model number but I will keep a look out for one and let you know if I find one.
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.