QSI service problem - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Journeyman Lunatic

Location: Deep in an under- ground bunker.............. somewhere in the People's Republic of Maryland
Default QSI service problem

I bought a Titan decoder a couple years ago at ECLSTS, but didn't get around to installing it until this last fall.

But it had the wrong sound files. Though marked for steam, it was diesel. So I emailed QSI, they sent a return authorization, and I sent the unit to them.

That was November 22. After several emails, I still haven't heard if they even received it. And stupid me, I lost the USPS receipt with the tracking number...

The QSI phone line won't connect, doesn't even ring before Verizon says it's not working.

Does this all sound normal for QSI? Or does it sound like I'm out the $250 for the decoder?

Cliff
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Email them, and try again to get it back.

Next time send it to your buddy in California who will be happy to program it for you.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Journeyman Lunatic

Location: Deep in an under- ground bunker.............. somewhere in the People's Republic of Maryland

Yeah, I've been emailing them every couple of weeks, no response.

And thanks! I sure wish I had brought it up with you in November....

Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Why have I had success with JOSH?

SD
SD90WLMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Journeyman Lunatic

Yes, Josh had been helping me out with various questions in November & early December. But for the last 7 or 8 weeks, complete non-response.

Their published phone number (802-448-9899) doesn't work. And this morning, I found that my email to Support@qsisolutions.com got kicked back, saying there was no such address.

I just tried sales@qsisolutions.com, the only other contact I have. [edit: that address no longer functions either]. Not looking good.

I also posted my email directly on their web site contact page, maybe that will do better.

Last edited by CliffyJ; 02-04-2017 at 08:03 AM.
CliffyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Perhaps I've kept Josh too busy.. My fault.. Too many decoders on order.. And those new fangled G - Wires.. Customer Support for the factory. Reverse psychology here. Buy a programmer Cliffy.. Tweak at the kitchen table! I have to learn next!
Hey.. Keep your wits about ya!
SD
Old 02-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Journeyman Lunatic

Dirk, a company that entirely mislabels a product, accepts the returned product but does not send it back, and then entirely cuts the published lines of communication, is not quite the company I'd have the "wits" to invest any further into. But good luck.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Just out of curiosity, did you buy it direct from QSI, or a dealer? Many came "blank" and the dealer programmed them, and many did it wrong, or not at all.

Just curious, no excuse for them not getting it done.

If you did usps click and ship from their site, you should be able to look up the transaction and retrieve the tracking number.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com

Last edited by Greg Elmassian; 02-05-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Appreciate your comments Cliff.. My transaction is complete and settled fully! All parties involved on great terms!

It can work out....

SD
Old 02-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Journeyman Lunatic

Dirk, that's great. I'm glad for you, and also to hear evidence of life at QSI. But since their phone & email addresses are down, do you have a secret means of contact?

Greg, I normally click-ship all my stuff for usps, but that was the week our verizon box got smacked with lightning, so I had to ship from the post office. And then the paper receipt disappeared, of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.