G Scale Model Train Forum banner

I am Committed

6K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  jbwilcox 
#1 ·
No, I have not been committed to the Insane Assylum but probably should have been.

I just purchased a Bachmann 4-6-0 On30 Engine from Micromark for 199.95, about 100 cheaper than anyplace else I have seen it listed.

I was not going to commit myself so fast to a particular engine, but I could not pass this deal up.

That means I will be limited to 18" radius track which I am hoping will not be a big problem since I have not even considered a track plan yet.

I do know that the part against the wall will only be 36 inches wide so I will have to take that into account when planning for a continuous loop.

#28 ·
That's okay, Greg,

Now we know you are actually human and make a mistake now and then. I still regard you as very knowledgeable and a person whom I would listen to for advice.

When I get home I am going to sort out my Large Scale stuff and sell a bunch of it. I will probably keep my Indy engine and a Porter but will sell my Annies, Connies and a Shay plus a bunch of box cars, gondolas, tanks and stock cars leaving me with about 10 freight cars and three Bachmann passenger cars. That should keep me busy enough outdoors in the summer.

I have been watching a bunch of Youtube videos on making scenery and I am getting excited about that. It should be an interesting winter next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.