So has anyone taken over the Crest Product line yet? - Page 5 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Super Moderator

www.revoelectronics.com

They're being sold by Precision RC Electronics. Per their ad in the latest GR, "We designed and manufactured the Revolution T.E 2.4GHz products."

Looking at the web site, it looks like it's a reboot of where they left off, with the generic steam and diesel boards, etc. No mention of new sound files, though they do list the USB programmer as "in stock." No reference on the site relative to files you can download to actually update anything, but all in good time, I'd presume. Glad enough to see them back online.

Later,

K
East Broad Top is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2016, 02:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Robby, will your prices be the same as the web site? I see they are already "discounting" from list price.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #43 (permalink)

They have a ad in the February Garden RR magazine. revoelectronics.com
Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

The Revolution is back. We will update our web site today and will be able to ship orders very soon.
Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seņor Member

OK, I called Navin.

1. The VERY EARLY transmitters (with plastic keyboard, not rubber) are not upgradeable... most were part of the Beta test, but a few were sold.

2. notwithstanding #1, ALL transmitters are the same hardware and will run the same firmware, old and new, sound and non sound receivers.

3. the USB dongle will update ALL transmitters (when they release the files)

4. the USB dongle will update all the "new" receivers.

5. They are working on this, so that the USB dongle will update the OLD Revolution receivers. Remember that the main engineer on the Revolution is one of the owners of the new Precision RC company.

So, bottom line, is that unless you have one of the very rare plastic keyboard transmitters, EVERYTHING will work with EVERYTHING.

Greg

Note: Due to the history of acrimony from some members, I might stop responding in a thread, so feel free to ask me questions via email (not private messages).

PLEASE NOTE: I have disabled Private Messaging, please use regular email: greg@elmassian.com
Old 01-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #46 (permalink)

Greg, looking over your helpful info over the past 10 days, I realize that I am confused about item #1 about the very early transmitters. My first REVO transmitter does have plastic keys, but is that different than a plastic keyboard?? Also confused by what upgradeable means. Upgradable to what? what is the plastic key version not upgradable to, if ALL have the same firmware and hardware and can do everything.

Been looking at the "new" Revolution 2 items, and see the new transmitters still have the rubber keys that get stuck pressed down very easily, and wonder if I am the only one having the problem. Talking to Navin he said the problem was not uncommon and there would be a fix, but it does not look like it was done.

Can you or another member explain the questions posed above. I am not great on the ins and out of electronics intricacies, simple language is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
billsharron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #47 (permalink)

We have everything in stock now.

www.rldhobbies.com
Robby D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 01:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Bill, yes, Navin uses the term "plastic keyboard" but it is really the plastic keys, as opposed to the rubber ones.

I've used the term "upgrade" to really mean "download firmware".

So, first of all, do not make the mistake Dave Bodnar did, and try to download files to your transmitter (with plastic keys)... you will "brick" it. (render it unusable, with the functionality of a brick, i.e. nothing works)

So, I don't have the specifics, but there are 2 firmware files on the Precision RC site for the transmitters, and I have no further information on the differences, but as far as I can tell, the 3.02 file is the same as the last production "Crest" transmitter, so people that have the current production transmitters can load the latest firmware if they do not have it.

I am sure that there will eventually be updates to the transmitter firmware, and now, with those files and the USB stick, you can do these updates yourself, when/if they become available.

I am speaking in general terms here, since as far as I know, the old plastic button transmitters will not be "field upgradeable".

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsharron View Post
Greg, looking over your helpful info over the past 10 days, I realize that I am confused about item #1 about the very early transmitters. My first REVO transmitter does have plastic keys, but is that different than a plastic keyboard?? Also confused by what upgradeable means. Upgradable to what? what is the plastic key version not upgradable to, if ALL have the same firmware and hardware and can do everything.

Been looking at the "new" Revolution 2 items, and see the new transmitters still have the rubber keys that get stuck pressed down very easily, and wonder if I am the only one having the problem. Talking to Navin he said the problem was not uncommon and there would be a fix, but it does not look like it was done.

Can you or another member explain the questions posed above. I am not great on the ins and out of electronics intricacies, simple language is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 01-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #49 (permalink)

the ones with the hard plastic buttons are not up gradable. if you try to up grade it, it will stop working forever.

www.rldhobbies.com
Robby D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.