myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - No NGRC 2020+?

Thread: No NGRC 2020+?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Russell Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmith View Post
A "traveling" convention would be tough on the vendors and any indoor display layouts, depending on how much time between the dates of each location.
Well, the vendors and display layouts in the Exhibit Hall usually don't open up to attendees until the Thursday toward the end of the show. By then, maybe 5 days of tours could have already been done and then everybody ends up at the Convention Hotel for the next few days to enjoy the Hall, clinics and other social activities. I think it would work somewhat like we did in 2016 with Pre-Convention tours Saturday and Sunday and Post Convention tours the week after. Only make it more formalized with specific hotels picked in each region to stop at so that the attendees could "bond" and socialize more.

I noticed in the latest issue of Garden Railways the Vic Thies states that he joined FOUR Southern California Garden Railroad clubs. Let's see... I can find SoCalGRS, OCGRS, GCGRS, UplandGRS, SCVGRC, FGRR (my personal choice for a great place to wrap up the Convention), SDGRS, Gary Raymond's 1:32 Group, and I'm sure I'm missing some... But how many more clubs are in SoCal? There are a lot of them and they are spread all over... The question is...Can they work together on something like this?
Russell Miller is offline   Reply With Quote