LGB Catalog history - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default LGB Catalog history

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a "book" that has all of the LGB pieces they have made? I have an old Christmann one but it doesn't have everything in it and its from 1991.

Thanks
gregg k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
krs

Default RE: LGB Catalog history

The short answer is "No"

For LGB items until 1997 the Roth & Doggett "Official Guide to LGB" is an excellent reference book but there are some LGB items missing and some errors in that book.
The Greenberg catalogs are basicaly abbreviated versions of that book so they don't add anything new.

Christmann came out with his latest version in 2002 - so it covers a longer time period that Roth & Doggett, but Christmann has even more items missing and only covers rolling stock.

LGB had a database of just the more recent items on line but that was taken down - it wasn't complete either.

About two years ago another database was started which is intended to cover all of Large Scale rolling Stock eventually - it has a good selection of LGB in it now.
http://www.gbdb.info/

Is there anything specific you're looking for?

Knut
krs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default RE: LGB Catalog history

Thank you for the post. No, I just was trying to get our collection in a little more order. We have been collecting since the 80s and just wanted a reference for the years and colors and variations etc... of the productions.

Thanks again!
gregg k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in