USA Trains 4-6-4 J1e Hudson - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Default USA Trains 4-6-4 J1e Hudson

Hello all! New guy here. I am looking for a USA Trains 4-6-4 J1e Hudson in excellent running condition to add to my growing fleet of 3 other engines (Aristo-craft 'Lil Critter and 2 USA Trains UP GP-9s). I prefer the NYC road #5343 (the one with the silver / grayish front) but would seriously consider any road name / number. Smoke & Phoenix sound preferred.

If no forum member has one to sell I would appreciate any tips elsewhere. Have started to look at eBay and at least one large scale Facebook page.

Looks like an excellent forum and I'm glad to be here.

Thx - Dan
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dan,
No info on finding your Hudson, but you might check out Large Scale Central forums. A lot more action over there.
http://largescalecentral.com/forums
Paul Burch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Class Member

[quote=Paul Burch;1140978]Dan,
No info on finding your Hudson, but you might check out Large Scale Central forums. A lot more action over there.
[]

Paul - Ok, I'll check that site out as well, thanks. If anyone has any other leads I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you join lsc, they prefer real names over nicknames. Even if it's fake!

His friend Jerry Dillon looked up at the hillside and said; There is a big ledge, and the whole damned hill is a total wreck with quartz boulders of ore.
Totalwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalwrecker View Post
If you join lsc, they prefer real names over nicknames. Even if it's fake!
Yeeeeahhh…..I found that out just as I clicked "Submit" on their registration. Didn't pay enough attention as I was filling out their registration. I tend to use "Twister" for online stuff because that was my Air Force nickname. After I submitted my registration I saw they threatened even blackballing the e-mail attached to the account application if they think you're a robot so hopefully my registration goes through anyway. Thx for your advice, Totalwrecker, I just didn't see it until after I registered on that forum. Nuts!
Old 01-25-2019, 12:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Don't worry it's an anti spam filter, there was a ration of bots joining and then posting nonsense or unrelated deals...

There are a couple of A holes that will act offended...
just sign or set up a signature to shut 'em up.

His friend Jerry Dillon looked up at the hillside and said; There is a big ledge, and the whole damned hill is a total wreck with quartz boulders of ore.
Totalwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2019, 07:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

When USA trains added sound to the Hudson, they used Phoenix. I believe the new ones are all sound versions. Be aware that you may have to add an extra spring to push the lead and trailing trucks to eliminate them from derailing. I had to do this plus add weights as well as a friend that had to add the springs. It may just be for the older ones, but be aware it may be needed.
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
When USA trains added sound to the Hudson, they used Phoenix. I believe the new ones are all sound versions. Be aware that you may have to add an extra spring to push the lead and trailing trucks to eliminate them from derailing. I had to do this plus add weights as well as a friend that had to add the springs. It may just be for the older ones, but be aware it may be needed.
Dan -

Many thanks on the info, especially the fix on the derailing. I had heard about that issue but read one potential fix was driver wheels with a deeper/wider flange. Good to know about the springs and/or weights.

Question: do you know what year the Hudson was first produced by USA Trains? I know it won a Reader's Choice Award in 2003 so it was being produced by then, but I also read somewhere that it was being produced by 2001. The reason I am asking is I am trying to find out just how "old" used Hudsons might be. I'd rather have a used Hudson from 2015 than 2001 (or whenever).

Many thanks!
Old 12-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Paul Birch. We live in the same neighborhood. Can you contact me? I can't send you a Private email for some reason. tommy 98466 at hotmail dot com I need some advice.
tommy98466 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4-6-4, 4-6-4 j1e hudson, hudson, j1e, usat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in