myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Bachmann Climax (25 Ton) gear replacements

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
jctorok

Default Bachmann Climax (25 Ton) gear replacements

Hello friends,
I recently purchased a Bachmann 25 Ton Climax (old style) off ebay (of course). I ended up cleaning out the gear boxes because they were filled with a white waxxy like stuff (likely original grease). I also noticed that part of the gears in one of the trucks were blackish colored meaning that had been replaced in at some time in the past.

Now, after running for about 4 hours I noticed that in both the front and rear trucks, the gear (on the coupler side) below the worm gear is going smooth, teeth are worn so much that the brass worm gear does not turn the next gear down.

Any recommendations on finding a replacement or point me to someone who can make these gears would be greatly appreciated.

Sometime back I saw either a Bachmann Climax or Shay on ebay with a full set of brass gears in it (oh to dream) - if anyone know who this might of been, would you let me know.

Many thanks for any advice on repairs or replacement.
Jerry
jctorok is offline   Reply With Quote