myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Pearse 0-4-0 Switcher

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mike Toney

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Toney

I tore the engine down to a bare rolling chassis today, straighted the bent frame rails and reassembled the chassis, checking for binds and squareness along the way at several stages. took this pic before refitting the boiler to the chassis. The way the frame was bent, which started halfway between the two axles, threw the timing off as one cylinder was moved toward the rear and the other pulled forward. So while it would run, it was choppy at slow speed. After the steam test a few min ago, she is smooth running, all the way down to the peg on the steam gauge as I let pressure get used up after shutting off the gas. Once she cools down, I will refit the cab and swap out the scale knuckle coupler on the front for a LGB one as that is what all of our rolling stock uses other than the logging cars that are link and pin. Mike
SA#16
Mike Toney is offline   Reply With Quote