myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime of Tenergy ion-lithium battery

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
mymodeltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymodeltrain View Post
I would like to hear the experience from others regarding the Tenergy ion-lithium battery. It seems to me after > 3 years, the battery degraded to the point it won't power the train. I use the RC-receiver/transmitter and ESC from Turnigy. What happened in the past few days was that there was normal response sound from the ESC but the locomotive did not run. I opened it up and found everything is normal in terms of the response from the transmitter/receiver and ESC, but again the train did not run. Then, I removed the Tenergy ion-lithium battery (14.8V) from the locomotive and connected the ESC directly to the DC-transformer, and the train started to run normally. Based on this diagnosis, it suggested that the battery degraded. I just ordered new Tenery ion-lithium battery and will assemble it this evening and will update you more.
Wellington
I just installed a new Tenergy battery and the locomotive works fine, again.
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.38.17 PM.jpg
mymodeltrain is offline   Reply With Quote