myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Overhaul of an old locomotive


View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
steamermeister
Senior Member
 
steamermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 352
Default

While waiting for the paint on the fuel tank to dry I decided the locomotive looked a bit off without a cap for the smoke stack, so I made one.


The following pictures show me parting off the last vestige of the old cap, the hacksaw parting blade/grooving holder I made, and the new cap. Collets on a lathe are the bees knees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0490.jpg (125.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0491.jpg (164.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0492.jpg (137.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0493.jpg (122.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0494.jpg (110.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0495.jpg (115.9 KB, 19 views)
steamermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.