myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Elevated Railway Structure Designs

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
hoosier daddy

Default Elevated Railway Structure Designs

Hi Folks-
I'm in the planning stages of building a small elevated railway in our back yard with a total closed loop run of about 100 ft. I've seen plenty of pictures on this and other sites of different types of elevated structures and can't seem to settle on one design to move forward with. So would anyone be interested in posting some pictures of their elevated railway with pictures of details about how you connect from one vertical support post to the next etc. and the PROS & CONS of your building choice.

Currently I'm planning to use 4x4 treated posts set into precast concrete deck piers but since 4x4 posts aren't available in my area for now I'm considering alternatives. I would like to have a horizontal surface of approx. 18" width on which to put the track and buildings/landscaping.

So any pictures in response to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Robin Young
hoosier daddy is offline   Reply With Quote