myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Bachmann to produce G Scale Dash-9

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Greg Elmassian
Super Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs View Post
Did they mention what scale?

I doubt that the 1:29 mold was made of rubber ha ha!

Of course this is the Aristo mold... Kader has them all, not only learned as Aristo went away, but as evidenced by the eggliner and motor blocks being sold by Bachmann, owned by Kader... also interesting that they will be making an O scale eggliner under the Williams brand...

Thanks for the time hack Pete.... he does say that it is the Aristo tooling, and interestingly enough, mentions twice the price of these on ebay... so the high prices on ebay have brought around the resurrection of the Aristo product....

I wonder what else is expensive on ebay in the Aristo line, perhaps the SD45, arguably the best and most popular loco Aristo ever built.

Will be very interested to see if the Dash 9 will come with the "D type" sintered wheels and axles, or the "you cannot set gauge" tapered wheels and axles... time will tell...

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]

Last edited by Greg Elmassian; 07-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote