myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Hello new here!

Thread: Hello new here!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
STrinder5475

Default Hello new here!

Hello,

My name is Stephen. I have been involved in both O Gauge and HO/OO Scale since the 90's but have just started in G, though my interest in G goes back to the 90's. As a kid my parents would take me to the Ridge Road Station on occasion, in fact it was the first hobby shop I ever visited as a child. I remember seeing just about everything LGB and being fascinated by it, but my parents always told me G was too expensive, I got into O after a neighbour gave me their unwanted Lionel train set. This summer, I figured not being able to go anywhere, to finally dive into the world of G Scale. I bought an LGB Stainz set on eBay and have since added some extra track and an Accucraft Ruby, as live steam was another aspect that I had always admired from afar before this summer. Since I'm used to running trains indoors and on electricity, this has been quite a learning experience for me and I know I have a lot more to learn.
STrinder5475 is offline   Reply With Quote