myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Another summer on the Knackered Valley

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
backyardRR

Default Another summer on the Knackered Valley

It’s been too hot to run trains lately but a couple of weeks ago I was able to take some pictures. This year was a challenge flower wise as I had to mail order annual seeds instead of going to the garden center. Fortunately, I have planted many perennials in the last 10 years so that only the containers need spring planting with annuals. Obviously, this wasn’t a hedge against a pandemic lock-down but rather a concession to aging knees and back. The various evergreens have matured and filled in the “hills” with only the occasional light pruning. I am glad I got my Spectrum locos (a Shay, Climax and Mallet not shown) when I did as they appear to have disappeared from any of the Internet sites. At least new in the box, although the Climax still seems to be available. I doubt Bachmann will ever rerun these locos again.

Perennial Color

Trestle Views

Station Stops

Knackersville

Knackersville has a modest Main Street. Some of the Piko building signs have held up in the Sun and some have not. Go figure.

Gnome Valley station and passing track.

Stay cool and stay safe!
backyardRR is offline   Reply With Quote