This is the train storage shed I started building last September. I had to put it away for the winter when I was evicted from the garage due to weather. I started in the basement then moved everything into the garage for assembly, unfortunately the weather over took me as it often does in this part of Alberta so I had to move outside and postpone assembly until this spring.
Well this spring eventually arrived (in June) so I took the covers off and move it back into the garage to complete the roof. With the roof completed I moved everything outside again and put the assembly back together.
Just this week I finally laid track access, albeit only two tracks, as I need to purchase a couple more switches.
I thought I'd done a good job here with the clearances, but wouldn't you know it the lawn mower is refusing to pass between the track and the side step. So now I have two alternatives, cut more clearance in the track support base or buy a new lawn mower dedicated to the front. I think I'll go for the base modification.
This is a photograph of the current situation prior to track access and I've posted more photographs in the Photo Gallery.
This photograph shows the current two track access.
I should note that the decals were supplied by Cedarleaf Custom Railroad Decals, thanks Stan.
The shingle cover (ballast) will eventually fold over and hopefully look a lot better.