Casting roof tile with ShapeCrete - Page 2 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Jon, did you use that cement over a foam base? One thing I like about the ShapeCrete is that it contains fine fibers that make it quite strong. After 3 or 4 days of curing even 1/8 inch thickness is easily handled without breaking.
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

No Win, I poured into open forms. Each arch on the curved section was done one at a time. Rain gutter nails were used as rebar to hold them together.
I didn't do any thickness tests. Cement All has an additive to reduce water during casting.
It did suffer one cracked leg when a trailer was backed into the layout and it's section hit the ground. Otherwise it sits fine. I admit it's a tad crude, I had a vision for the curved arches, then I needed a use!
I mixed stucco color into the dry cement for a uniform tint.

I wonder if you mixed to clay like consistency, if you could push sheets of it, firmly into the mold, with a rolling action to eliminate the bubbles ...

His friend Jerry Dillon looked up at the hillside and said; There is a big ledge, and the whole damned hill is a total wreck with quartz boulders of ore.
Totalwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in