Hartford Seattle 22' Log Car Kit - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
scl

Default Hartford Seattle 22' Log Car Kit

Hi

Can anyone kindly help me with a question about this log car kit? I've already built the version with rails that takes the Barnhart Log Loader, but I would like to build another one as the "plain" version - i.e. the one without the rails. As best as a try, when I check out the plans and diagrams, I can't quite make out the arrangement for the main bunks.

It would be really handy if anyone could give me a few pointers, or even better some pics!

Thanks in advance
Ken
scl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: Hartford Seattle 22' Log Car Kit

hi ken heres a link http://www.midcontinent.org/rollings...acific_car.htm

hope this helps b.t.w if you put seattle car & foundry or pacific car & foundry(companys later name ) you get lots of links on the net that can help
yours dana
dana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
scl

Thanks for the link Dana. That's quite an interesting site. I had searched the net, and found some info, including models for HO, but drew nothing for the 22' plain loggin car. But I'll keep searching! Thanks again. Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

The layout is the same as the plans from Hartford give you 2 different main bunks when building. Id just use the drawings from Hartford if you plan to cut your own wood as I assume you will have to since getting the kit will be pretty scarce now. Since I built 3 of these all with rails the spare main bunks with no notches for rail went to the scrap pile. Probally used them to mix epoxy or something.

Jason Kovac
Hazlet, NJ
SA# 79
http://www.thetraindepartment.com Your source for Regner, Roundhouse, Accucraft and live steam accessories
Kovacjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
scl

Again, thanks for the reply. I just recently managed to pick up 3 of these kits - one twinpack and the other a single. In the twinpack there are extra parts to top the bunks for the "plain" version of the car - but weirdly only enough parts to do 1 car! The other single kit had no such extra parts. I've previously made the rail version of this car a few years back, so I thought a plain version would be good. Just a bit surprised that Hartford weren't consistent with the contents of the kits!

I feel fairly happy with the general arrangement of a plain car, although the instructions say that some or all of the end and centre (smaller) bunks can be left off, and I would have liked a picture reference to be sure. I can find plenty of pics (and a photo!) of the rail version, but drawn a blank on the plain one.

Looks like everyone builds the rail version!

Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in