mini heisler - Page 3 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Cool evening and dryer day means I got a little work and painting done, fitted the tender section of the heisler with grab rails, the brass ones put Jax pewter black and the plastic ones will get a little brass paint to look the same. The top slanted section I made removable in order to access the interior for something to be determined later, just seemed like a wasted space to cover and not use. It's not too large and could probably get my G scale graphics receiver in it but not much room left for a battery or sound unit. Made it removable by using magnetic tape and can always put weight in there for traction. Painted it a flat black and secured the water hatch cover, still to do is mount it and weather it, I think I'm opting for a battery/sound car behind the engine as at the moment I have 4 small engines that are all track powered and no layout but friends with layouts but no track power. Think it would be great to be able to run all these engines. So I have a nice wood sided Kalamazoo box car that already has the bottom hole drilled for sound and being as my passenger train is the Mason Bogie I think the box car would function for all of them, it would be nice to see my fruits of my labor in action. More to come, Bill
choochoowilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

Moving along, got the headlight bracket and light installed and a little weathering done and started work on the sanding pipes, more to come
choochoowilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2020, 04:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Bill, looks great. I envy anyone who can apply good weathering. LiG
Nick Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #24 (permalink)

The Miesler is coming along nicely. It'll look good with a 'short' consist once operational.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in