New Live Steam book: A Passion for Steam - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM  

Default New Live Steam book: A Passion for Steam

Accucraft Trains is proud to announce the 2nd Revised edition of Marc Horovitz’s book “A Passion for Steam: Small scale steam locomotives and how they work”. The book, first published in 2008, has been expanded and revised. This all color volume includes the following features:

- Hardbound with dust jacket
- 240 pages, all color

Chapters include:

- Preface
- Introduction
- A passion for railroads
- Basics
- Cylinders
- Pistons and lubricators
- Reversing mechanisms and valve gears
- Boilers
- Fuels and burners
- Boiler fittings
- Feedwater systems
- Sundries
- A sampling of steamers
- Index

SKU #
AP-10500

Description
"A Passion for Steam: Small scale steam locomotives and how they work", by Marc Horovitz

List Price $45.00

The books are currently on their way to us and will arrive before Christmas. Please place orders through your authorized Accucraft dealer, or direct through our E-Store

http://www.accucraftestore.com/index.php?categoryID=522

This excellent publication makes a fine addition to your collection, along with add to your enjoyment of the live steam hobby.

Thanks and regards,

Robert Sarberenyi
Marketing Director
Accucraft Trains
33268 Central Ave.
Union City, CA 94587
Tel: (510) 324-3399
Email: [email protected]

Accucraft is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2014, 05:36 PM  

I highly, highly, highly, highly recommend this book. It breaks everything down in to easily understood bites while enlivening it with humour!!!!!!

David
cocobear1313 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 06:22 PM  

It will indeed be a superb book! Amazon.com lists copies of the 1st edition on their site, including a couple reviews of that edition

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Steam-...=1416870523838

Amazon also has a few book dealers listing 1st edition copies beginning at $139.52 up to $273.39

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...qid=1416870455

The Revised 2nd edition we're publishing is an excellent value at $45.00 for a hardbound book, especially an expanded, all-color effort featuring 240 pages! Make sure to add a copy of the Revised 2nd edition to your Holiday wish list!

http://www.accucraftestore.com/index.php?categoryID=522

Thanks and regards,

Robert Sarberenyi
Accucraft Trains
33268 Central Ave.
Union City, CA 94587
Tel: 510-324-3399
Accucraft is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 10:51 AM  

1st Edition selling USED for more than $270. ! Imagine what my signed copy would go for - wow.

Thank you Mark. At that appreciation rate my very comfortable retirement is now assured.
Chris Scott is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2014, 11:49 AM  

Quote:
1st Edition selling USED for more than $270. ! Imagine what my signed copy would go for - wow.
Chris,
I'm guessing the value will plummet now that there are more available. ;-)
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephRigg View Post
wow, it looks very interesting, I like this industry and it will be a great pleasure for me to read about it, I hope that my anticipation will be justified, thanks for the idea! in general, I like to read, especially books. From the latter I recommend to you papersowl.com/examples/huckleberry-finn/ a review of an interesting and well-known book in Huckleberry Finn Essays, very cool, I honestly read it the second time after reading these materials, I really liked this genre, because forgot what I read at school. Read, look for something new, develop and never stop there and there is a guarantee of success, good luck to everyone and good books to you!
I just reported this SPAM
Old Today, 09:31 PM  

for once I am happy that this spam pulled this up.. I purchased one. Looking forward to reading it
fsts2k is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in