Reger locos - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reger locos

Has anyone any good or bad comments about Reger locos. There is a new Heisler being offered. Thanks::confused
forsyth@muskoka.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think you mean Regner not Reger.
bigsteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

There will be some who will always whine about the brass boiler. Those guys need to get a grip. I've seen many Bing locomotives with brass boilers running over more than 100 years old. Your mileage may vary.

I used to be the proprietor of the Train Department for a short while when it was exclusively REGNER. I have seen three boilers go bad. They were killed by running them out of water with the burner still going like mad, then squirting some water into the feed valve. I've seen Aster boilers fail under the same circumstances. Again, your mileage may vary.

P.S. they use a specific formulation of brass (of which I cannot remember off the top of my head) and not just some random brass off of the scrap heap. They know what they are doing.

Dave Orwig
SA #333
S.K.W.R. Lines
E.C.V. (Squibob Chapter) XPBC
My Railroad:SKWRL

Last edited by seadawg; 11-05-2019 at 09:19 AM.
seadawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

You are right Big stream. I did mean Regner. It sounds like they have been around for a while now and Seadawg agrees that they are well made then.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have five Regner engines they all run very well, excellent craftmanship and quality.

Steve
Steve Ciambrone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Steve. I am relatively new to live steam so it is nice to hear back from those with more experience.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default German livesteam manufacturers

Regner is perhaps the most well known German manufacturer of live steam locomotives outside Germany, using 45mm track gauge. But there are others, of which I list a few. The primary filosofie in design, is that "models should work and run". Detailing etc is nice, but secondary to operational dependability and solid construction. They will all make sure your model runs well.

WYKO A producer of larger locomotives in 1:32 with pricing comparable to Aster, but in my view better construction and running characteristics. Will deliver RTR or kits in stages according to agreement. Will also modify models, or build coal boilers to order. He speaks English.
https://www.wyko-echtdampf.de/

Herrmann Echdampf He has a very god webshop that you should check out. He now also offers a steamdriven feedwater pump - but gives no list price! :-I He only delivers locomotives that have actually been testrun, and so he says are very suitable for beginners. He has got much acclaim for this Mallet https://www.echtdampfwelt.de/echtdam...eg-mallet.html

He also offers an 1:13 locomotive.
I'm very curious about his steam regulator. It seems to be designed in a new way. The screw operates indirectly on an internal valve. (Rubber ball???) It opens fully with 90 degree turn, and always closes completetely. I want to take one apart! ;-D (I would be very surprised if he doesn't speak English - it's a generation thing.)

Regner you know of http://www.regner-dampftechnik.com/

A Swiss manufacturer Dampfateliers "Am Kilometer 103,455" offers a model both 1:21 and 1:13.3 scale as well. He will also fix up or modify locomotives.
https://echtdampfmodelle.ch/produkte...chulbahn-lukas

DMR Reppingen His "website" is a disaster unfortunately. I guess he gets all the business he wants anyway ;-D He also offers coal fired engines, and a nice locomotive in 1:13,3 for 45mm gauge. Kits or ready to run. I've bought parts from him, of which a lot weren't listed, which maybee explains his website., His service was more than excellent. He will fix up or modify any locomotive. If he communicates in English, I do not know. I have a feeling not.

I have to mention Dieter Knupfer. He produces extremely fine screws and nuts. Like cupola M1 nuts! https://knupfer.info/shop/index.php/...205-ms-10.html I just couldn't help myself buying 25 of the irresistable gems. I've only used two so far, but I sometimes just pick them out of storage, and look at them with almost teary eyes. I know I'm nuts, but I'm sure there are other nutters out there who can understand me. ;-D

For fastening some parts on models, these "semi fake" screws are nice. https://knupfer.info/shop/index.php/...tehbolzen.html I don't know the English term for "Stehbolzen". In Swedish I wouId call them "pin-bolts". Only these have fixed nuts to them. In live steam, Dieter is into 5" and tracksystem.

Last edited by Pauli; 11-06-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Pauli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Pauli for the info. I would feel very confident about ordering one of these Heisler locos now.
Brian
Old 11-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes Brian, I think it is probably one of the most dependable sources / manufacturer there is. The only competing manufacturer to this German cluster, is Roundhouse in England.

Anything else, leaves some chance of tinkering, or finicky operation. Although Accucraft is ok - but not quite as solid in operation an quality, in my experience. (I love their "Daylight though... :-) )
Old 11-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Regner Heisler

Hi Brian,

In another forum is currently being discussed violently about Regner and Accucraft heislers, now you can read it yourself. I do not comment on that.

https://www.gscalecentral.net/thread...eisler.313877/

At the most as far as spare parts of both companies are concerned...

Quote:
They were killed by running them out of water with the burner still going like mad, then squirting some water into the feed valve
Unfortunately that happened to me already, for little money, about 200.00 USD, Regner has delivered me a spare boiler within a few days.

Whether Accucraft that with his, as a unique model built Heisler can also ???

The Regner Heisler builds on its Easyline models, not very detailed, but as long as the company exists, almost all spare parts are available at any time.

If you do not have two left hands, you can do some details and practical changes yourself.

For example, rebuild the smoke chamber, very practical to observe the gas burner, I once made with my Konrad

https://www.schienendampf.com/344872...-co-t2189.html

Please be indulgent with my english, the translation program can not do any better.

Greetings from Austria
Gerald
Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in