California has banned the sale of Alcohol - Page 4 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2019, 01:09 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyra View Post
Amazing how this thread has turned into 10 reasons to hate CA. I differ - I love living here in spite of all its eccentricities and crazy taxes.

Robert
If you live in California and you love California you know there is no other state or country where you'd rather live. Every place has problems, faults and foibles. No other place but California has so many rewards, pleasures or diversity in every shape, features and revelations daily. Not to mention the extraordinary opportunities here for dreams and drive.

If you don't like California that's perfectly fine. California is not for everyone. It's hard and a lot of work to live in paradise. And yes, just like Robert wrote, I love living here with all the eccentricities and crazy taxes. I was born in California and California is deep in my blood and bones.

If you don't like California, that's OK. Please stay where you are and enjoy the heck out of it. If you do live here just to complain the solution is quite simple, find somewhere that makes you happy and move there. Nothing gets older faster than complaining. And nothing and no one looks worse by comparison than someone complaining.

p.s. Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year

Last edited by Chris Scott; 12-19-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Chris Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
I'm baaak!

I echo Chris' statement.

And we are happy to have people hate California, maybe they will quit moving here ha ha!

I sat outside last night, running trains and in short sleeves, it's just awful.

Years ago, when I had to go to Colorado quite often, the people there complained about all the Californians moving there, ruining the place... I told them that we would quit doing it if they would stop all the people moving to California, ruining the place.

It's almost like the battery vs. track power endless argument. My way is better than your way and your way sucks.

Greg from San Diego, just awful weather and climate, you are right California sucks!

;-)

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Yeah, living in Southern California is real H-ll. It just happens to be the best H-ll on earth.
toddalin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

I agree with Chris. The only thing that seemed to be a problem, it used to be that when ever I read a label there was almost always a sentence that said, "Known to cause Cancer in California". Not seen so much anymore, maybe California found a cure for Cancer.
Aster Live Steam Parts Sales
Sunset Valley Track & Accessories
Llagas Creek Railways
President: Steam in the Garden LLC
Dan Pantages is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Wife and I lived in San Clemente for 3 Years while I was in the Marine Corps. It was like being on a Hunny Moon. Best weather in the world.No Musquito to bite You and the Ocean and all the things to do, We still go back to see good friends and of course Disneyland, Love California .No Humidity. We love Southern Calf. When We were there the palm trees were up to My Forehead, Now they are 40 ft tall
Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Remember it's Los Angeles, "The City of Angels."
Chris Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in