That was not my engine. It belonged to Peter K. and Rod’s warrior injuries were a result of removing some yet unexplained cover Peter put in the smokebox. Rod had experience with that engine so I asked for his help. I was merely trying to help Peter’s widow get an engine sold. This an example of what makes steamups like Diamondhead great.
Shout out to Rod Blakeman!
The guy that really helped getting it actually running was Justin Koch. What a neat guy he is and I saw him helping many others besides me. I learned a lot from Justin since I had never dealt with a 3 cylinder. People like him make coming to Diamondhead a real pleasure.
Also, thanks to Jim Sanders who let me borrow his compressor to test the timing adjustments. Most of the headache was from trying to time the 3rd cylinder.
Thanks also to Terry Seese for borrowing some tools.
So, I’m glad others, like yourself, have a fine engine. I was “wuhu-less” because despite all the good folks at DH who helped, we were not able to get this engine ready for sale for Lori.
Sorry Sal and thanks for the vids!