Solo steaming - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Solo steaming

Here in Melbourne Australia, like many, we have been "social distancing" so group steam gatherings are a thing of the past so I have taken a few images of some "solo steaming" on my track. I steamed my K27 and then the T12 on alternate passenger trains followed by a geared loco logging session using my Aster Climax and Shay.
My favorite Australian "Puffing Billy" 2-6-2 tank loco then got a run and I changed the station building to a typical corrugated iron waiting shelter so common on the narrow gauge lines here.
It's difficult running trains and trying to take photo's at the same time and steam plumes seem to magically disappear whenever I point the camera at a slow running or stationary loco but these came out OK. Hope you enjoy these scenes
Russell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (247.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg image 2.jpg (114.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg image 3.jpg (190.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg image 4.jpg (179.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg image 5.jpg (207.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg image6.jpg (223.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg image 7.jpg (282.6 KB, 51 views)
ferroequinologist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Russell;

Thanks for the photos. Like I told another friend when he emailed cancellation of his steam-up for this month, we need to come up with proof that inhaling plumes laced with steam cylinder oil kills the virus. (Well, it's worth a try!)

Best, David Meashey
Dave Meashey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2020, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looking good Russell.
Hopefully it won't be too long before we can have friends over for steam ups, even if we still have to stay a little apart.
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada
David Leech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you for posting these nice photos Russell, there is something magical about our hobby whether it is solo or in a group. We are privileged to be involved in this fantastic activity and to be able to share it here, across the globe!! The NA deserves to be your favourite. I regret not being able to get one myself, although I was fortunate to get one (meths fired) of the original run by Gordon. With best wishes from Indoors, Zubi
zubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice shots Russell 👍🏼👍🏼👍&#x1f 3fc;
AuSteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for enjoying the images of my solo steaming, I must say while I do miss the group steam ups I run differently on my own, making up trains, shunting of rolling stock and simple train orders dropping off and picking up freight stock as well as different Passenger trains. When in a group it is more "roundy roundy' running but I really do miss the relaxed camaraderie and information sharing when in a relaxed outdoor steamup. When I did HO scale, even in a club, the social aspect was never as good as outdoor gauge 1 live steam so like everyone else I am waiting for Covid 19 restrictions to ease and get back to running with friends again.
I'll post some more images when I run again soon.
Russell
ferroequinologist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in