Houston Area G Gaugers out of space - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Houston Area G Gaugers out of space

The HAGG, Houston Area G Gaugers were informed their lease at the Northwest Mall is being terminated. They have until March 31st 2017 to vacate their storefront. The Mall will likely be razed and re-developed as shops and residential housing.

At least they have the outdoor layout at the railroad museum in nearby Rosenberg, texas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to artgibson Send a message via Yahoo to artgibson
Default Northwest mall ocation

I dont think there will be many tears shed over the closing of the Mall.
We had very little particpation of club members at the Mall. For the lat 11 years or so, every Saturday that I was in town I was at the mall. I will find something else to d with my Satrudays.
We may have a half dozen visitors while Terry and I would me manning the layout.
Those that did come by to visit really enjoed what they saw.
Like the above comment, we have the Rosenberg RR Museum with an outdoor layou to use whever we want to run trains and the museum is open.
artgibson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Art;

I'm glad that you will not have to shed any tears over losing your space at the mall. I used to belong to an HO club that had its layout in a mall. After just about two years the honeymoon was over. Your group should be commended for its staying power.

Best,
David Meashey
Dave Meashey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is actually the second time a mall housing the HAGGs has closed and forced a move of their layout. In 2004 the Town and Country mall at I-10 and the Sam Houston Tollway in Houston closed and was demolished.

The best way for a club to keep their layout intact is to own their own building. The All Points North club in Conroe, TX (about 45 miles north of Houston) owns their building (5000 square feet) and the land.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in