G Scale Model Train Forum banner

2011 BTS looking good....

21K views 88 replies 24 participants last post by  Dwight Ennis 
#1 ·
When Mark said they'd found space inside the BTS for his live steam layout, I got worried that there wouldn't be a lot of LS stuff there. WRONG!!!! While the show looks smaller from a booth perspective, it's still principally a LS show. Yellow is LS stuff.

Here's a map I made from the BTS floorplan on the spots where the show is LS oriented. Further, there are NOT a many non-LS vendors there. Clearly the booth area is substantially smaller than in prior years...but it looks like something I'll attend.

See less See more
#4 ·
When they changed the dates, I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it... I have a grand daughter's college graduation to attend that weekend. Sure hate to miss the good times around the lobby at the hotel.

I'll be heading to the National in KC with JJ a month later.

#5 ·
I have my reservations. It does look like the venders booths have less floor space than they have had in the past. Come on JJ, you can squeeze this one in. A short drive for you. No fun without you there. Tell you what,Mary and I will buy you dinner one night.

#9 ·
Didnt they have some fire dept issues with live steam indoors in years past? i'm glad they finally came to their senses and let the steamers indoor.

I'm still deciding whether to go or not, I am not looking to buy anything LS - maybe a couple Marx items, so other than checking out the layouts and touching bases with other MLSrs, theres not much to draw me there. Maybe next year (or the SWGRS?) be fun to bring the Borracho layout to the show...anyone got a boxtail truck?

#12 ·
I think there will still be some MLS people there but the good old days of the Queen Mary have faded. Its too bad but things change. The new location and the change in ownership and format of the show have taken a toll. I still hope to see some of the gang there but I know that a couple people that never missed one of these have said they won't make it this year.

#26 ·
Tommy,
Maybe the Cuban place Saturday evening. Our next door neigbors, Dick and Linda will be there too. I think you met them last June. They are driving down so the BTS could be dangerous for me in that I can load whatever I buy into their car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.