Outdoor testrun Christmas Holiday Express (Toy State) - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Outdoor testrun Christmas Holiday Express (Toy State)

I bought this Toy State #5430 "Christmas Magic Express" secondhand cheap taking the risk it won't work. I was aware the quality of these sets is not very good but I figured I could always chop the engine and place a LGB or Playmobil motorblock in it or use the cars with another engine.
The wheelbase fits the tracks perfectly. The engine runs on 4x C-type 1,5 volts batteries (6 volts total). The dining car and the pumpcar have a light that is powered by a 1,5 volts AA type battery. The tender can play 19 Christmas tunes (but I do not recommend it...)

During the first testrun with locomotive runs without any problems on the layout. Testrun with the complete train was no success unfortunately. The engine could not pull all cars through some of the curves. The train gets stuck. This is most likely caused by the two animated cars; the moving bear conductor and the pumping toy soldier. The animated figures are connected to the axles of the cars to make them move. This is causing resistance on the axles and the wheels start to brake because of this. Also, both these cars seems to have a slight bit wider wheelbase on the axles driving the animated figures. The wheels do not run as freely as the other cars.

The engine does make the same sound as a vacuum cleaner...
Does somebody know if this is the sound it normally has or is there something wrong with the gears?

Paulus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Paulus, I know nothing about the train, but that is a very nice layout. LiG
Nick Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

McKeen car designer's other job

Last edited by choochoowilly; 10-12-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: remove unwanted scrip
choochoowilly is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm baaak!

Wrong thread?

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in